Tuesday, December 29, 2015
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Los Angeles Kings travel to Rexall Place to play the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday, December 29, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Kings at +105 and the Oilers at -125. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Los Angeles comes into this matchup having played 34 games. They have an overall record of 21-11-2 and on the road they have a record of 10-5-2. Currently they are 1st in the Pacific Division. They've scored 88 goals and given up 79 goals for a point differential of +9. Edmonton shows up with a record of 15-19-3 including 10-5-1 at home this season. They are 6th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 95 goals and surrendered 113 for a goal differential of -18.
Anze Kopitar has accumulated 22 total points this season for the Kings. He has 10 goals this season with 64 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 16%. He has a total of 12 assists on the season and averages 21 minutes played per game. Jeff Carter has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 11 goals on 103 shots. He has 17 assists giving him a total of 28 points on the season. Jonathan Quick has 18 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Kings. He has had 761 shots against him and has given up 64 goals. He has made 697 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Taylor Hall has accumulated 40 total points this season for the Oilers. He has 15 goals this season with 152 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 25 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 8 goals on 68 shots. He has 17 assists giving him a total of 25 points on the season. Anders Nilsson has 10 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Oilers. He has had 642 shots against him and has given up 59 goals. He has made 583 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Kings have 44 total points this season. They have scored 86 goals while giving up 78 goals. They have had 100 power play opportunities and have scored 18 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Kings have allowed 123 power play opportunities and given up 22 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 32 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.84% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Oilers have a total of 33 points on the season. They have 19 power play goals on 112 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 112 power play opportunities and have given up 22 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Kings have a total of 93 goals scored while they've given up 113 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.72%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Los Angeles Kings Betting Trends
The Los Angeles Kings are 19-13 straight up
The Los Angeles Kings are 8-12-13 against the over/under
Edmonton Oilers Betting Trends
The Edmonton Oilers are 13-22 straight up
The Edmonton Oilers are 20-15-2 against the over/under
Los Angeles Kings Injuries
12/28/15 C Jeff Carter Upper Body is downgraded to doubtful Monday vs. Vancouver
12/14/15 LW Kyle Clifford Upper Body expected to miss 5-7 days
10/22/15 D Matt Greene Shoulder out indefinitely
10/06/15 LW Dwight King Foot out indefinitely
Edmonton Oilers Injuries
12/27/15 D Brandon Davidson Undisclosed out indefinitely
12/27/15 RW Nail Yakupov Ankle expected to miss 2-4 weeks
12/26/15 C Connor McDavid Collarbone expected to miss another month
12/26/15 LW Rob Klinkhammer Ankle expected to miss 5-7 days
12/21/15 D Andrew Ference Undisclosed out indefinitely
12/15/15 D Oscar Klefbom Finger out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Edmonton
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.