Saturday, December 5, 2015
Joe Louis Arena
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Nashville Predators travel to Joe Louis Arena to play the Detroit Red Wings on Saturday, December 5, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Predators at +104 and the Red Wings at -115. The over/under has been set at 5.
Nashville comes into this matchup having played 25 games. They have an overall record of 13-8-4 and on the road they have a record of 5-5-2. Currently they are 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 65 goals and given up 64 goals for a point differential of +1. Detroit shows up with a record of 14-8-4 including 8-5-3 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 66 goals and surrendered 65 for a goal differential of +1.
Shea Weber has accumulated 13 total points this season for the Predators. He has 6 goals this season with 65 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 7 assists on the season and averages 25 minutes played per game. Filip Forsberg has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 7% by scoring 5 goals on 69 shots. He has 11 assists giving him a total of 16 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 11 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 536 shots against him and has given up 49 goals. He has made 487 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Dylan Larkin has accumulated 19 total points this season for the Red Wings. He has 10 goals this season with 69 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 9 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Henrik Zetterberg has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 7% by scoring 4 goals on 58 shots. He has 16 assists giving him a total of 20 points on the season. Jimmy Howard has 7 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Red Wings. He has had 328 shots against him and has given up 27 goals. He has made 301 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Predators have 30 total points this season. They have scored 63 goals while giving up 63 goals. They have had 83 power play opportunities and have scored 15 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Predators have allowed 75 power play opportunities and given up 18 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 76%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.09% for the season to this point. They allow 26 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Red Wings have a total of 32 points on the season. They have 13 power play goals on 82 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 16%. They have allowed 86 power play opportunities and have given up 14 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Predators have a total of 65 goals scored while they've given up 65 goals to this point. They average 28 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.80%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 11-12 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 9-12-4 against the over/under
Detroit Red Wings Betting Trends
The Detroit Red Wings are 13-12 straight up
The Detroit Red Wings are 8-13-5 against the over/under
Nashville Predators Injuries
12/02/15 C Mike Fisher Knee expected to miss 7-10 days
11/28/15 LW Gabriel Bourque Upper Body expected to miss 5-7 days
11/27/15 C Paul Gaustad Upper Body out indefinitely
Detroit Red Wings Injuries
12/04/15 LW Drew Miller Jaw expected to miss 6 weeks
12/04/15 LW Teemu Pulkkinen Shoulder out 6-8 weeks
10/24/15 D Kyle Quincey Ankle out indefinitely
10/15/15 C Johan Franzen Concussion out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take Detroit
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.