Tuesday, December 15, 2015
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The San Jose Sharks travel to Bell Centre to play the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday, December 15, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Sharks at +128 and the Canadiens at -167. The over/under has been set at 5.
San Jose comes into this matchup having played 29 games. They have an overall record of 14-14-1 and on the road they have a record of 10-5-1. Currently they are 4th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 75 goals and given up 78 goals for a point differential of -3. Montreal shows up with a record of 20-8-3 including 11-4-2 at home this season. They are 1st in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 100 goals and surrendered 70 for a goal differential of +30.
Joe Pavelski has accumulated 26 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 13 goals this season with 84 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 13 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Patrick Marleau has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 11 goals on 78 shots. He has 11 assists giving him a total of 22 points on the season. Martin Jones has 12 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 622 shots against him and has given up 51 goals. He has made 571 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Tomas Plekanec has accumulated 27 total points this season for the Canadiens. He has 7 goals this season with 69 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 20 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Max Pacioretty has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 14 goals on 127 shots. He has 12 assists giving him a total of 26 points on the season. Mike Condon has 9 wins and 5 losses this season in net for the Canadiens. He has had 438 shots against him and has given up 39 goals. He has made 399 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Sharks have 29 total points this season. They have scored 74 goals while giving up 78 goals. They have had 96 power play opportunities and have scored 17 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Sharks have allowed 92 power play opportunities and given up 17 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.58% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Canadiens have a total of 43 points on the season. They have 22 power play goals on 108 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 105 power play opportunities and have given up 14 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 87%. As a team, the Sharks have a total of 99 goals scored while they've given up 69 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.14%. As a team they give up 28 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 13-15 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 15-11-2 against the over/under
Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
The Montreal Canadiens are 19-11 straight up
The Montreal Canadiens are 14-10-6 against the over/under
San Jose Sharks Injuries
12/12/15 LW Matthew Nieto Lower Body "?" Tuesday vs Montreal
12/11/15 C Logan Couture Thigh out indefinitely
10/05/15 LW Raffi Torres Suspension expected to miss 41 games
Montreal Canadiens Injuries
12/09/15 RW Devante Smith-Pelly Lower Body out indefinitely
11/30/15 GO Carey Price Knee out 6 weeks
11/27/15 C Torrey Mitchell Lower Body out indefinitely
11/22/15 RW Brendan Gallagher Finger out 4-6 weeks
10/06/15 RW Zach Kassian Suspension out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Montreal
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.