Thursday, December 29, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Anaheim Ducks head to Scotiabank Saddledome to take on the Calgary Flames on Thursday, December 29, 2016. The opening line for this matchup has the Ducks at -102 and the Flames at -108. The over/under is 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Anaheim comes into this game having played 36 contests. They have an overall record of 17-12-7 and away from home they have a record of 7-8-5. Currently they are 3rd in the Pacific Division. They've tallied 98 goals and surrendered 102 goals for a point differential of -4. The Ducks have an overall record of 5-3-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 16-19 and an over/under record of 13-12-11. Calgary comes into this game with a record of 19-16-2 including 8-9-0 at home this season. They are 4th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 100 goals and surrendered 106 for a goal differential of -6. The Flames have a record of 7-3-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 17-18 while their over/under record sits at 15-17-5.
Cam Fowler has accumulated 22 total points this season for the Ducks. He has 9 goals this season with 77 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 13 assists on the season and averages 24 minutes played per game. Corey Perry has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 7% by scoring 7 goals on 100 shots. He has 20 assists giving him a total of 27 points on the season. John Gibson has 11 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Ducks. He has had 659 shots against him and has given up 61 goals. He has made 598 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Johnny Gaudreau has accumulated 22 total points this season for the Flames. He has 7 goals this season with 71 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 15 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Mikael Backlund has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 7 goals on 89 shots. He has 12 assists giving him a total of 19 points on the season. Chad Johnson has 13 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Flames. He has had 615 shots against him and has given up 48 goals. He has made 567 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Ducks have 41 total points this season. They have scored 98 goals while giving up 102 goals. They have had 116 power play opportunities and have scored 28 goals on those chances for a percentage of 24%. The Ducks have allowed 125 power play opportunities and given up 24 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.23% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Flames have a total of 40 points on the season. They have 23 power play goals on 120 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 139 power play opportunities and have given up 26 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Ducks have a total of 100 goals scored while they've given up 106 goals to this point. They average 28 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.57%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Anaheim has a Corsi percentage of 49.8% as they've attempted 1,969 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,981 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.2% as they have 1,486 attempts while they've given up 1,477 shots on the defensive end. The Ducks start possessions in the offensive zone 48.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.2% for the season. They have 1,243 face off wins compared to 966 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 56.3%. On defense Anaheim has 944 hits and they've blocked 504 shots from the opposition.
Calgary has attempted 1,990 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,059 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 49.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 48.5% as they have 1,461 shots while they've given up 1,549 attempts on defense. The Flames have an offensive zone percentage of 47.9% and their defensive zone percentage is 52.1% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.1% as they've compiled 1,114 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,156 face off losses. On defense Calgary has blocked 510 shot attempts and they have 722 hits as a unit.
Anaheim Ducks Betting Trends
The Anaheim Ducks are 16-19 straight up
The Anaheim Ducks are 13-12-11 against the over/under
Calgary Flames Betting Trends
The Calgary Flames are 17-18 straight up
The Calgary Flames are 15-17-5 against the over/under
Anaheim Ducks Injuries
12/27/16 D Sami Vatanen Flu "?" Thursday vs Calgary
12/13/16 D Clayton Stoner Lower Body out indefinitely
11/17/16 LW Nicolas Kerdiles Concussion out indefinitely
10/14/16 D Simon Despres Concussion out indefinitely
10/12/16 C Nate Thompson Achilles out indefinitely
Calgary Flames Injuries
10/09/16 D Ladislav Smid Neck out for season
Tony's Pick: Take Anaheim -102
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.