Saturday, December 31, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Arizona Coyotes travel to Scotiabank Saddledome to play the Calgary Flames on Saturday, December 31, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Coyotes at +184 and the Flames at -205. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Arizona comes into this matchup having played 36 games. They have an overall record of 11-20-5 and on the road they have a record of 5-10-3. Currently they are 7th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 80 goals and given up 117 goals for a point differential of -37. The Coyotes have an overall record of 3-7-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 8-25 and an over/under record of 11-21-4. Calgary shows up with a record of 19-17-2 including 8-10-0 at home this season. They are 4th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 101 goals and surrendered 109 for a goal differential of -8. The Flames have a record of 6-4-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 17-19 while their over/under record sits at 15-18-5.
Radim Vrbata has accumulated 24 total points this season for the Coyotes. He has 9 goals this season with 112 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 15 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Oliver Ekman-Larsson has averaged 24 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 7 goals on 74 shots. He has 11 assists giving him a total of 18 points on the season. Mike Smith has 7 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Coyotes. He has had 738 shots against him and has given up 59 goals. He has made 679 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Johnny Gaudreau has accumulated 25 total points this season for the Flames. He has 9 goals this season with 81 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 16 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Mikael Backlund has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 10 goals on 93 shots. He has 13 assists giving him a total of 23 points on the season. Chad Johnson has 13 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Flames. He has had 640 shots against him and has given up 51 goals. He has made 589 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Coyotes have 27 total points this season. They have scored 80 goals while giving up 117 goals. They have had 108 power play opportunities and have scored 16 goals on those chances for a percentage of 15%. The Coyotes have allowed 126 power play opportunities and given up 31 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 75%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.77% for the season to this point. They allow 35 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Flames have a total of 40 points on the season. They have 23 power play goals on 124 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 145 power play opportunities and have given up 28 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Coyotes have a total of 101 goals scored while they've given up 109 goals to this point. They average 28 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.38%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Arizona has a Corsi percentage of 45.9% as they've attempted 1,956 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,301 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 45.1% as they have 1,455 attempts while they've given up 1,769 shots on the defensive end. The Coyotes start possessions in the offensive zone 45.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 54.3% for the season. They have 1,080 face off wins compared to 1,159 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48.2%. On defense Arizona has 998 hits and they've blocked 532 shots from the opposition.
Calgary has attempted 2,038 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,107 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 49.2% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 48.6% as they have 1,500 shots while they've given up 1,584 attempts on defense. The Flames have an offensive zone percentage of 48.5% and their defensive zone percentage is 51.5% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.1% as they've compiled 1,144 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,188 face off losses. On defense Calgary has blocked 523 shot attempts and they have 740 hits as a unit.
Arizona Coyotes Betting Trends
The Arizona Coyotes are 8-25 straight up
The Arizona Coyotes are 11-21-4 against the over/under
Calgary Flames Betting Trends
The Calgary Flames are 17-19 straight up
The Calgary Flames are 15-18-5 against the over/under
Arizona Coyotes Injuries
12/29/16 C Ryan White Lower Body "?" Saturday vs Calgary
12/10/16 LW Max Domi Hand out indefinitely
11/18/16 RW Brad Richardson Tibia out indefinitely
Calgary Flames Injuries
12/28/16 RW Troy Brouwer Finger out indefinitely
10/09/16 D Ladislav Smid Neck out for season
Tony's Pick: Take Calgary -205
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.