Saturday, December 3, 2016
First Niagara Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Boston Bruins travel to First Niagara Center to play the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday, December 3, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Bruins at -115 and the Sabres at +104. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Boston comes into this matchup having played 24 games. They have an overall record of 13-10-1 and on the road they have a record of 7-5-1. Currently they are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 57 goals and given up 54 goals for a point differential of +3. The Bruins have an overall record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 11-11 and an over/under record of 7-13-4. Buffalo shows up with a record of 9-9-5 including 4-4-3 at home this season. They are 8th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 48 goals and surrendered 60 for a goal differential of -12. The Sabres have a record of 4-4-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 8-14 while their over/under record sits at 7-14-2.
Brad Marchand has accumulated 20 total points this season for the Bruins. He has 7 goals this season with 60 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 13 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. David Pastrnak has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 20% by scoring 13 goals on 66 shots. He has 5 assists giving him a total of 18 points on the season. Tuukka Rask has 12 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Bruins. He has had 455 shots against him and has given up 28 goals. He has made 427 saves for a save percentage of 94%.
Sam Reinhart has accumulated 13 total points this season for the Sabres. He has 5 goals this season with 56 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 8 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Kyle Okposo has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 7 goals on 65 shots. He has 9 assists giving him a total of 16 points on the season. Robin Lehner has 5 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Sabres. He has had 466 shots against him and has given up 37 goals. He has made 429 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Bruins have 27 total points this season. They have scored 57 goals while giving up 54 goals. They have had 75 power play opportunities and have scored 11 goals on those chances for a percentage of 15%. The Bruins have allowed 82 power play opportunities and given up 12 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. They average 33 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.18% for the season to this point. They allow 27 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Sabres have a total of 23 points on the season. They have 18 power play goals on 77 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 23%. They have allowed 77 power play opportunities and have given up 18 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 77%. As a team, the Bruins have a total of 48 goals scored while they've given up 60 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.05%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Boston has a Corsi percentage of 53.9% as they've attempted 1,464 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,252 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 54.2% as they have 1,098 attempts while they've given up 927 shots on the defensive end. The Bruins start possessions in the offensive zone 53.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.5% for the season. They have 795 face off wins compared to 714 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 52.7%. On defense Boston has 504 hits and they've blocked 325 shots from the opposition.
Buffalo has attempted 1,232 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,318 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 48.3% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 47.6% as they have 932 shots while they've given up 1,024 attempts on defense. The Sabres have an offensive zone percentage of 47.9% and their defensive zone percentage is 52.1% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 51.6% as they've compiled 738 face off wins this season and they have suffered 692 face off losses. On defense Buffalo has blocked 294 shot attempts and they have 517 hits as a unit.
Boston Bruins Betting Trends
The Boston Bruins are 11-11 straight up
The Boston Bruins are 7-13-4 against the over/under
Buffalo Sabres Betting Trends
The Buffalo Sabres are 8-14 straight up
The Buffalo Sabres are 7-14-2 against the over/under
Boston Bruins Injuries
11/29/16 D John-Michael Liles Concussion out indefinitely
11/23/16 D Zdeno Chara Lower Body out indefinitely
11/10/16 C Noel Acciari Leg out indefinitely
10/10/16 C Frank Vatrano Foot out indefinitely
Buffalo Sabres Injuries
12/01/16 GO Robin Lehner Hip "?" Saturday vs. Boston
11/23/16 D Dmitry Kulikov Back out indefinitely
11/12/16 C Cody McCormick Blood Clot out indefinitely
11/10/16 LW Tyler Ennis Groin out indefinitely
11/03/16 D Zach Bogosian Knee out indefinitely
10/31/16 LW Nicolas Deslauriers Knee out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Buffalo +104
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.