Thursday, December 22, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Boston Bruins travel to BB&T Center to play the Florida Panthers on Thursday, December 22, 2016.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Boston comes into this matchup having played 34 games. They have an overall record of 17-13-3 and on the road they have a record of 9-5-3. Currently they are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 80 goals and given up 83 goals for a point differential of -3. The Bruins have an overall record of 4-4-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 15-17 and an over/under record of 13-17-4. Florida shows up with a record of 14-13-5 including 9-5-0 at home this season. They are 5th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 81 goals and surrendered 90 for a goal differential of -9. The Panthers have a record of 4-3-3 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 12-18 while their over/under record sits at 15-12-6.
Brad Marchand has accumulated 27 total points this season for the Bruins. He has 9 goals this season with 96 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 18 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. David Pastrnak has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 20% by scoring 19 goals on 93 shots. He has 7 assists giving him a total of 26 points on the season. Tuukka Rask has 16 wins and 5 losses this season in net for the Bruins. He has had 646 shots against him and has given up 44 goals. He has made 602 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Jon Marchessault has accumulated 20 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 10 goals this season with 66 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 10 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Vincent Trocheck has averaged 21 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 8 goals on 79 shots. He has 8 assists giving him a total of 16 points on the season. Roberto Luongo has 10 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has had 644 shots against him and has given up 53 goals. He has made 591 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Bruins have 37 total points this season. They have scored 78 goals while giving up 79 goals. They have had 99 power play opportunities and have scored 13 goals on those chances for a percentage of 13%. The Bruins have allowed 110 power play opportunities and given up 14 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 87%. They average 33 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.10% for the season to this point. They allow 27 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Panthers have a total of 33 points on the season. They have 16 power play goals on 108 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 15%. They have allowed 100 power play opportunities and have given up 14 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 86%. As a team, the Bruins have a total of 77 goals scored while they've given up 87 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.69%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Boston has a Corsi percentage of 54.2% as they've attempted 2,042 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,727 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 54.4% as they have 1,520 attempts while they've given up 1,276 shots on the defensive end. The Bruins start possessions in the offensive zone 53.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.2% for the season. They have 1,075 face off wins compared to 969 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 52.6%. On defense Boston has 737 hits and they've blocked 451 shots from the opposition.
Florida has attempted 1,861 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,610 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 53.6% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 52.6% as they have 1,401 shots while they've given up 1,262 attempts on defense. The Panthers have an offensive zone percentage of 53.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 47.8% as they've compiled 939 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,026 face off losses. On defense Florida has blocked 348 shot attempts and they have 677 hits as a unit.
Boston Bruins Betting Trends
The Boston Bruins are 15-17 straight up
The Boston Bruins are 13-17-4 against the over/under
Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 12-18 straight up
The Florida Panthers are 15-12-6 against the over/under
Boston Bruins Injuries
12/20/16 RW David Pastrnak Elbow "?" Thursday vs Florida
12/06/16 LW Matt Beleskey Knee expected to miss 6 weeks
11/29/16 D John-Michael Liles Concussion out indefinitely
Florida Panthers Injuries
12/20/16 C Jonathan Marchessault Lower Body "?" Thursday vs Boston
11/21/16 D Alex Petrovic Lower Body out indefinitely
10/10/16 LW Jonathan Huberdeau Achilles expected to miss 3-4 months
Guy's Pick: Take Florida
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.