Wednesday, October 26, 2016
Madison Square Garden
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Boston Bruins travel to Madison Square Garden to play the New York Rangers on Wednesday, October 26, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Bruins at +127 and the Rangers at -159. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Boston comes into this matchup having played 5 games. They have an overall record of 3-2-0 and on the road they have a record of 2-1-0. Currently they are 5th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 15 goals and given up 13 goals for a point differential of +2. For the season they have an ATS record of 3-2 and an over/under record of 2-3-0. New York shows up with a record of 4-2-0 including 3-1-0 at home this season. They are 1st in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 22 goals and surrendered 16 for a goal differential of +6. Their record against the spread is 4-2 while their over/under record sits at 3-2-1.
Brad Marchand has accumulated 9 total points this season for the Bruins. He has 3 goals this season with 13 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 23%. He has a total of 6 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. David Pastrnak has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 19% by scoring 4 goals on 21 shots. He has 3 assists giving him a total of 7 points on the season. Tuukka Rask has 3 wins and no losses this season in net for the Bruins. He has had 95 shots against him and has given up 5 goals. He has made 90 saves for a save percentage of 95%.
Chris Kreider has accumulated 7 total points this season for the Rangers. He has 3 goals this season with 23 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 4 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Mats Zuccarello has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 29% by scoring 2 goals on 7 shots. He has 3 assists giving him a total of 5 points on the season. Henrik Lundqvist has 3 wins and 2 losses this season in net for the Rangers. He has had 121 shots against him and has given up 12 goals. He has made 109 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
The Bruins have 6 total points this season. They have scored 15 goals while giving up 13 goals. They have had 20 power play opportunities and have scored 2 goals on those chances for a percentage of 10%. The Bruins have allowed 20 power play opportunities and given up 2 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 90%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 10.42% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Rangers have a total of 8 points on the season. They have 4 power play goals on 19 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 21%. They have allowed 19 power play opportunities and have given up 3 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Bruins have a total of 22 goals scored while they've given up 16 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 11.70%. As a team they give up 25 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Boston has a Corsi percentage of 51% as they've attempted 290 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 279 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 51.3% as they have 215 attempts while they've given up 204 shots on the defensive end. The Bruins start possessions in the offensive zone 52.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.7% for the season. They have 150 face off wins compared to 161 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48.2%. On defense Boston has 113 hits and they've blocked 75 shots from the opposition.
New York has attempted 351 shots at full strength and they've given up 314 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 52.8% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 55.6% as they have 271 shots while they've given up 216 attempts on defense. The Rangers have an offensive zone percentage of 48.7% and their defensive zone percentage is 51.3% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 53.4% as they've compiled 189 face off wins this season and they have suffered 165 face off losses. On defense New York has blocked 98 shot attempts and they have 132 hits as a unit.
Boston Bruins Betting Trends
The Boston Bruins are 3-2 straight up
The Boston Bruins are 2-3-0 against the over/under
New York Rangers Betting Trends
The New York Rangers are 4-2 straight up
The New York Rangers are 3-2-1 against the over/under
Boston Bruins Injuries
10/25/16 D Adam McQuaid Upper Body is downgraded to expected to miss Tuesday vs. Minnesota
10/24/16 GO Anton Khudobin Arm "?" Tuesday vs. Minnesota
10/22/16 GO Tuukka Rask Hamstring out indefinitely
10/12/16 D Kevan Miller Hand expected to miss 6 weeks
10/10/16 C Frank Vatrano Foot out indefinitely
New York Rangers Injuries
10/23/16 LW Chris Kreider Neck "?" Wednesday vs Boston
10/21/16 LW Pavel Buchnevich Back expected to miss 1 week
Josh's Pick: Take Boston
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.