Wednesday, December 7, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Boston Bruins head to Verizon Center to take on the Washington Capitals on Wednesday, December 7, 2016. The opening line for this matchup has the Bruins at +131 and the Capitals at -145. The over/under is 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Boston comes into this game having played 26 contests. They have an overall record of 15-10-1 and away from home they have a record of 8-5-1. Currently they are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've tallied 63 goals and surrendered 58 goals for a point differential of +5. The Bruins have an overall record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 13-11 and an over/under record of 8-14-4. Washington comes into this game with a record of 14-7-3 including 9-4-0 at home this season. They are 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 61 goals and surrendered 55 for a goal differential of +6. The Capitals have a record of 5-3-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 14-10 while their over/under record sits at 9-10-5.
Brad Marchand has accumulated 22 total points this season for the Bruins. He has 7 goals this season with 66 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 15 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. David Pastrnak has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 21% by scoring 15 goals on 71 shots. He has 6 assists giving him a total of 21 points on the season. Tuukka Rask has 14 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Bruins. He has had 521 shots against him and has given up 32 goals. He has made 489 saves for a save percentage of 94%.
Alex Ovechkin has accumulated 18 total points this season for the Capitals. He has 12 goals this season with 95 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 6 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Marcus Johansson has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 26% by scoring 11 goals on 43 shots. He has 7 assists giving him a total of 18 points on the season. Braden Holtby has 11 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Capitals. He has had 534 shots against him and has given up 41 goals. He has made 493 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Bruins have 31 total points this season. They have scored 63 goals while giving up 58 goals. They have had 80 power play opportunities and have scored 11 goals on those chances for a percentage of 14%. The Bruins have allowed 88 power play opportunities and given up 12 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 86%. They average 33 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.30% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Capitals have a total of 31 points on the season. They have 12 power play goals on 79 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 15%. They have allowed 77 power play opportunities and have given up 13 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Bruins have a total of 61 goals scored while they've given up 55 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.23%. As a team they give up 28 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Boston has a Corsi percentage of 53.7% as they've attempted 1,587 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,368 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 54.2% as they have 1,192 attempts while they've given up 1,008 shots on the defensive end. The Bruins start possessions in the offensive zone 53.1% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.9% for the season. They have 866 face off wins compared to 778 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 52.7%. On defense Boston has 545 hits and they've blocked 360 shots from the opposition.
Washington has attempted 1,417 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,236 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 53.4% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 52.2% as they have 1,051 shots while they've given up 963 attempts on defense. The Capitals have an offensive zone percentage of 55.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 44.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 51% as they've compiled 734 face off wins this season and they have suffered 705 face off losses. On defense Washington has blocked 273 shot attempts and they have 477 hits as a unit.
Boston Bruins Betting Trends
The Boston Bruins are 13-11 straight up
The Boston Bruins are 8-14-4 against the over/under
Washington Capitals Betting Trends
The Washington Capitals are 14-10 straight up
The Washington Capitals are 9-10-5 against the over/under
Boston Bruins Injuries
12/06/16 LW Matt Beleskey Knee is downgraded to expected to miss 6 weeks
11/29/16 D John-Michael Liles Concussion out indefinitely
11/10/16 C Noel Acciari Leg out indefinitely
10/10/16 C Frank Vatrano Foot out indefinitely
Washington Capitals Injuries
11/19/16 RW T.J. Oshie Shoulder out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Boston +131
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.