Tuesday, November 29, 2016
Canadian Tire Centre
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Buffalo Sabres travel to Canadian Tire Centre to play the Ottawa Senators on Tuesday, November 29, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Sabres at +144 and the Senators at -159. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Buffalo comes into this matchup having played 21 games. They have an overall record of 7-9-5 and on the road they have a record of 4-5-2. Currently they are 8th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 39 goals and given up 53 goals for a point differential of -14. The Sabres have an overall record of 2-5-3 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 6-14 and an over/under record of 5-14-2. Ottawa shows up with a record of 14-7-1 including 8-4-1 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 51 goals and surrendered 51 for a goal differential of 0. The Senators have a record of 7-2-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 11-8 while their over/under record sits at 7-14-1.
Kyle Okposo has accumulated 13 total points this season for the Sabres. He has 6 goals this season with 56 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 7 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Sam Reinhart has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 4 goals on 53 shots. He has 6 assists giving him a total of 10 points on the season. Robin Lehner has 5 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Sabres. He has had 460 shots against him and has given up 36 goals. He has made 424 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Kyle Turris has accumulated 13 total points this season for the Senators. He has 10 goals this season with 43 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 23%. He has a total of 3 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Erik Karlsson has averaged 27 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 4 goals on 51 shots. He has 13 assists giving him a total of 17 points on the season. Craig Anderson has 12 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 544 shots against him and has given up 35 goals. He has made 509 saves for a save percentage of 94%.
The Sabres have 19 total points this season. They have scored 39 goals while giving up 53 goals. They have had 70 power play opportunities and have scored 14 goals on those chances for a percentage of 20%. The Sabres have allowed 71 power play opportunities and given up 14 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 6.30% for the season to this point. They allow 32 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 93%.
The Senators have a total of 29 points on the season. They have 7 power play goals on 62 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 11%. They have allowed 66 power play opportunities and have given up 9 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 86%. As a team, the Sabres have a total of 51 goals scored while they've given up 51 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.68%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 93%.
Buffalo has a Corsi percentage of 47.9% as they've attempted 1,105 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,204 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 47.2% as they have 841 attempts while they've given up 939 shots on the defensive end. The Sabres start possessions in the offensive zone 47.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 52.7% for the season. They have 686 face off wins compared to 632 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 52%. On defense Buffalo has 479 hits and they've blocked 265 shots from the opposition.
Ottawa has attempted 1,214 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,324 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 47.8% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 49.1% as they have 900 shots while they've given up 933 attempts on defense. The Senators have an offensive zone percentage of 53.4% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.6% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.9% as they've compiled 681 face off wins this season and they have suffered 685 face off losses. On defense Ottawa has blocked 391 shot attempts and they have 549 hits as a unit.
Buffalo Sabres Betting Trends
The Buffalo Sabres are 6-14 straight up
The Buffalo Sabres are 5-14-2 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 11-8 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 7-14-1 against the over/under
Buffalo Sabres Injuries
11/23/16 D Dmitry Kulikov Back out indefinitely
11/12/16 C Cody McCormick Blood Clot out indefinitely
11/10/16 LW Tyler Ennis Groin out indefinitely
11/03/16 D Zach Bogosian Knee out indefinitely
10/31/16 LW Nicolas Deslauriers Knee out indefinitely
10/12/16 C Jack Eichel Ankle out indefinitely
Ottawa Senators Injuries
10/09/16 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take Buffalo +144
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.