Saturday, March 19, 2016
Air Canada Centre
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Buffalo Sabres travel to Air Canada Centre to play the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday, March 19, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Sabres at -120 and the Maple Leafs at +100. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Buffalo comes into this matchup having played 71 games. They have an overall record of 28-33-10 and on the road they have a record of 15-15-4. Currently they are 7th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 169 goals and given up 193 goals for a point differential of -24. The Sabres have 10 overtime losses including 6 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 4-3-3. For the season they have an ATS record of 27-43 and an over/under record of 24-30-17. Toronto shows up with a record of 24-35-11 including 11-14-9 at home this season. They are 8th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 165 goals and surrendered 206 for a goal differential of -41. The Maple Leafs have 11 losses in OT and 6 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 3-6-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 22-46 while their over/under record sits at 27-33-10.
Jack Eichel has accumulated 48 total points this season for the Sabres. He has 22 goals this season with 216 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 26 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Sam Reinhart has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 19 goals on 132 shots. He has 15 assists giving him a total of 34 points on the season. Chad Johnson has 16 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Sabres. He has had 1,005 shots against him and has given up 82 goals. He has made 923 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Nazem Kadri has accumulated 37 total points this season for the Maple Leafs. He has 12 goals this season with 240 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 5%. He has a total of 25 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Leo Komarov has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 19 goals on 129 shots. He has 17 assists giving him a total of 36 points on the season. Jonathan Bernier has 9 wins and 19 losses this season in net for the Maple Leafs. He has had 943 shots against him and has given up 90 goals. He has made 853 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Sabres have 66 total points this season. They have scored 167 goals while giving up 187 goals. They have had 221 power play opportunities and have scored 42 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Sabres have allowed 187 power play opportunities and given up 35 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.88% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Maple Leafs have a total of 59 points on the season. They have 32 power play goals on 219 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 15%. They have allowed 230 power play opportunities and have given up 44 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Sabres have a total of 159 goals scored while they've given up 200 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.28%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Buffalo has a Corsi percentage of 48.5% as they've attempted 3,754 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,988 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 48.4% as they have 2,859 attempts while they've given up 3,043 shots on the defensive end. The Sabres start possessions in the offensive zone 49.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.6% for the season. They have 2,102 face off wins compared to 2,170 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.2%. On defense Buffalo has 1,654 hits and they've blocked 945 shots from the opposition.
Toronto has attempted 4,352 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,893 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 52.8% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51.7% as they have 3,210 shots while they've given up 2,993 attempts on defense. The Maple Leafs have an offensive zone percentage of 51.2% and their defensive zone percentage is 48.8% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 51.1% as they've compiled 2,270 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,168 face off losses. On defense Toronto has blocked 900 shot attempts and they have 1,906 hits as a unit.
Buffalo Sabres Betting Trends
The Buffalo Sabres are 27-43 straight up
The Buffalo Sabres are 24-30-17 against the over/under
Toronto Maple Leafs Betting Trends
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 22-46 straight up
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 27-33-10 against the over/under
Buffalo Sabres Injuries
10/06/15 C Cody McCormick Blood Clot out indefinitely
03/18/16 GO Robin Lehner Ankle is downgraded to expected to miss Friday vs. Ottawa
03/17/16 D Carlo Colaiacovo Lower Body "?" Friday vs. Ottawa
02/24/16 D Cody Franson Neck out indefinitely
01/02/16 C Tyler Ennis Concussion out indefinitely
Toronto Maple Leafs Injuries
11/17/15 RW Nathan Horton Back out indefinitely
10/17/15 D Stephane Robidas Knee out for season
03/18/16 C Leo Komarov Lower Body is downgraded to doubtful Saturday vs. Buffalo
03/18/16 C Peter Holland Undisclosed "?" Saturday vs. Buffalo
03/18/16 C Brooks Laich Personal expected to miss Saturday vs. Buffalo
03/18/16 LW Milan Michalek Undisclosed doubtful Saturday vs. Buffalo
03/17/16 RW Brad Boyes Shoulder "?" Saturday vs Buffalo
03/12/16 D Jared Cowen Hip out indefinitely
03/08/16 D Matt Hunwick Hernia out for season
02/29/16 C Byron Froese Hand out indefinitely
02/25/16 LW James Van Riemsdyk Foot out for season
02/25/16 LW Joffrey Lupul Hernia out for season
02/10/16 C Tyler Bozak Concussion out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Toronto
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.