Saturday, January 23, 2016
American Airlines Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Colorado Avalanche travel to American Airlines Center to play the Dallas Stars on Saturday, January 23, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Avalanche at +145 and the Stars at -161. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Colorado comes into this matchup having played 48 games. They have an overall record of 24-21-3 and on the road they have a record of 13-11-0. Currently they are 5th in the Central Division. They've scored 133 goals and given up 131 goals for a point differential of +2. Dallas shows up with a record of 30-13-5 including 18-5-0 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Central Division. They've scored 159 goals and surrendered 129 for a goal differential of +30.
Gabriel Landeskog has accumulated 32 total points this season for the Avalanche. He has 10 goals this season with 101 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Nathan MacKinnon has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 15 goals on 160 shots. He has 23 assists giving him a total of 38 points on the season. Semyon Varlamov has 17 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Avalanche. He has had 967 shots against him and has given up 84 goals. He has made 883 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Tyler Seguin has accumulated 53 total points this season for the Stars. He has 25 goals this season with 180 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 28 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Jamie Benn has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 18% by scoring 27 goals on 153 shots. He has 30 assists giving him a total of 57 points on the season. Antti Niemi has 17 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Stars. He has had 828 shots against him and has given up 72 goals. He has made 756 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Avalanche have 51 total points this season. They have scored 133 goals while giving up 131 goals. They have had 161 power play opportunities and have scored 33 goals on those chances for a percentage of 20%. The Avalanche have allowed 151 power play opportunities and given up 30 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.69% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Stars have a total of 65 points on the season. They have 32 power play goals on 148 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 22%. They have allowed 138 power play opportunities and have given up 29 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. As a team, the Avalanche have a total of 157 goals scored while they've given up 127 goals to this point. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.18%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Colorado Avalanche Betting Trends
The Colorado Avalanche are 24-24 straight up
The Colorado Avalanche are 22-25-1 against the over/under
Dallas Stars Betting Trends
The Dallas Stars are 28-18 straight up
The Dallas Stars are 24-23-1 against the over/under
Colorado Avalanche Injuries
12/30/15 D Brad Stuart Back out indefinitely
12/26/15 GO Reto Berra Ankle out indefinitely
10/06/15 C Jesse Winchester Concussion out indefinitely
01/22/16 D Erik Johnson Knee is upgraded to "?" Friday vs. St. Louis
Dallas Stars Injuries
10/05/15 RW Brett Ritchie Wrist out indefinitely
01/18/16 D Jordie Benn Lower Body out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Dallas
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.