Thursday, February 4, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Dallas Stars travel to Pepsi Center to play the Colorado Avalanche on Thursday, February 4, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Stars at -128 and the Avalanche at +116. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Dallas comes into this matchup having played 51 games. They have an overall record of 32-14-5 and on the road they have a record of 13-8-5. Currently they are 2nd in the Central Division. They've scored 167 goals and given up 136 goals for a point differential of +31. The Stars have 5 overtime losses including 2 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 4-5-1. For the season they have an ATS record of 30-19 and an over/under record of 25-25-1. Colorado shows up with a record of 27-23-3 including 12-11-3 at home this season. They are 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 144 goals and surrendered 144 for a goal differential of 0. The Avalanche have 3 losses in OT and 0 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 6-4-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 26-26 while their over/under record sits at 24-28-1.
Tyler Seguin has accumulated 55 total points this season for the Stars. He has 27 goals this season with 195 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 28 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Jamie Benn has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 28 goals on 163 shots. He has 30 assists giving him a total of 58 points on the season. Antti Niemi has 19 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Stars. He has had 891 shots against him and has given up 79 goals. He has made 812 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Gabriel Landeskog has accumulated 36 total points this season for the Avalanche. He has 14 goals this season with 110 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Nathan MacKinnon has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 18 goals on 174 shots. He has 23 assists giving him a total of 41 points on the season. Semyon Varlamov has 19 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Avalanche. He has had 1044 shots against him and has given up 86 goals. He has made 958 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Stars have 69 total points this season. They have scored 165 goals while giving up 134 goals. They have had 159 power play opportunities and have scored 34 goals on those chances for a percentage of 21%. The Stars have allowed 147 power play opportunities and given up 30 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 32 shots per game and as a team are shooting 10.05% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Avalanche have a total of 57 points on the season. They have 35 power play goals on 178 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 171 power play opportunities and have given up 34 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Stars have a total of 143 goals scored while they've given up 144 goals to this point. They average 28 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.58%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Dallas has a Corsi percentage of 52.8% as they've attempted 3,078 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,752 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 52.2% as they have 2,248 attempts while they've given up 2,057 shots on the defensive end. The Stars start possessions in the offensive zone 53.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.6% for the season. They have 1,604 face off wins compared to 1,535 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.1%. On defense Dallas has 875 hits and they've blocked 695 shots from the opposition.
Colorado has attempted 2,581 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,113 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 45.3% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 46.6% as they have 1,970 shots while they've given up 2,253 attempts on defense. The Avalanche have an offensive zone percentage of 48.6% and their defensive zone percentage is 51.4% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.4% as they've compiled 1,466 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,499 face off losses. On defense Colorado has blocked 860 shot attempts and they have 1,179 hits as a unit.
Dallas Stars Betting Trends
The Dallas Stars are 30-19 straight up
The Dallas Stars are 25-25-1 against the over/under
Colorado Avalanche Betting Trends
The Colorado Avalanche are 26-26 straight up
The Colorado Avalanche are 24-28-1 against the over/under
Dallas Stars Injuries
10/05/15 RW Brett Ritchie Wrist out indefinitely
02/02/16 D Jordie Benn Lower Body "?" Thursday vs Colorado
Colorado Avalanche Injuries
12/30/15 D Brad Stuart Back out indefinitely
12/26/15 GO Reto Berra Ankle out indefinitely
10/06/15 C Jesse Winchester Concussion out indefinitely
02/03/16 GO Semyon Varlamov Legal problems expected to backup Thursday vs Dallas
Tony's Pick: Take Colorado
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.