Tuesday, December 6, 2016
First Niagara Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Edmonton Oilers travel to First Niagara Center to play the Buffalo Sabres on Tuesday, December 6, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Oilers at -120 and the Sabres at -102. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Edmonton comes into this matchup having played 27 games. They have an overall record of 14-10-3 and on the road they have a record of 8-4-2. Currently they are 2nd in the Pacific Division. They've scored 80 goals and given up 70 goals for a point differential of +10. The Oilers have an overall record of 5-3-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 13-13 and an over/under record of 11-15-1. Buffalo shows up with a record of 9-10-5 including 4-5-3 at home this season. They are 8th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 49 goals and surrendered 62 for a goal differential of -13. The Sabres have a record of 4-5-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 8-15 while their over/under record sits at 7-15-2.
Connor McDavid has accumulated 34 total points this season for the Oilers. He has 11 goals this season with 76 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 23 assists on the season and averages 21 minutes played per game. Leon Draisaitl has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 18% by scoring 10 goals on 57 shots. He has 11 assists giving him a total of 21 points on the season. Cam Talbot has 13 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Oilers. He has had 717 shots against him and has given up 60 goals. He has made 657 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Sam Reinhart has accumulated 14 total points this season for the Sabres. He has 5 goals this season with 59 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 9 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Kyle Okposo has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 7 goals on 66 shots. He has 9 assists giving him a total of 16 points on the season. Robin Lehner has 5 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Sabres. He has had 499 shots against him and has given up 39 goals. He has made 460 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Oilers have 31 total points this season. They have scored 80 goals while giving up 70 goals. They have had 84 power play opportunities and have scored 16 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Oilers have allowed 77 power play opportunities and given up 11 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 86%. They average 32 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.33% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Sabres have a total of 23 points on the season. They have 18 power play goals on 80 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 23%. They have allowed 79 power play opportunities and have given up 18 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 77%. As a team, the Oilers have a total of 49 goals scored while they've given up 62 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 6.83%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Edmonton has a Corsi percentage of 52.1% as they've attempted 1,588 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,458 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 52% as they have 1,177 attempts while they've given up 1,087 shots on the defensive end. The Oilers start possessions in the offensive zone 52.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.3% for the season. They have 781 face off wins compared to 851 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 47.9%. On defense Edmonton has 674 hits and they've blocked 371 shots from the opposition.
Buffalo has attempted 1,294 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,376 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 48.5% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 47.7% as they have 973 shots while they've given up 1,066 attempts on defense. The Sabres have an offensive zone percentage of 48.1% and their defensive zone percentage is 51.9% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 51.7% as they've compiled 779 face off wins this season and they have suffered 727 face off losses. On defense Buffalo has blocked 310 shot attempts and they have 538 hits as a unit.
Edmonton Oilers Betting Trends
The Edmonton Oilers are 13-13 straight up
The Edmonton Oilers are 11-15-1 against the over/under
Buffalo Sabres Betting Trends
The Buffalo Sabres are 8-15 straight up
The Buffalo Sabres are 7-15-2 against the over/under
Edmonton Oilers Injuries
12/03/16 D Eric Gryba Undisclosed expected to miss 5-7 days
12/03/16 D Darnell Nurse Lower Body out indefinitely
10/21/16 D Andrew Ference Hip out indefinitely
10/14/16 D Brandon Davidson Shoulder out indefinitely
10/09/16 RW Iiro Pakarinen Knee out indefinitely
Buffalo Sabres Injuries
12/05/16 D Taylor Fedun Undisclosed "?" Monday vs. Washington
12/03/16 RW Hudson Fasching Groin out indefinitely
12/03/16 D Josh Gorges Foot out indefinitely
11/23/16 D Dmitry Kulikov Back out indefinitely
11/12/16 C Cody McCormick Blood Clot out indefinitely
11/10/16 LW Tyler Ennis Groin out indefinitely
11/03/16 D Zach Bogosian Knee out indefinitely
10/31/16 LW Nicolas Deslauriers Knee out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Buffalo -102
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.