Monday, December 5, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Florida Panthers travel to TD Garden to play the Boston Bruins on Monday, December 5, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Panthers at +122 and the Bruins at -135. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Florida comes into this matchup having played 25 games. They have an overall record of 12-11-2 and on the road they have a record of 5-7-2. Currently they are 5th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 60 goals and given up 63 goals for a point differential of -3. The Panthers have an overall record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 10-13 and an over/under record of 9-11-5. Boston shows up with a record of 14-10-1 including 6-5-0 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 59 goals and surrendered 55 for a goal differential of +4. The Bruins have a record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 12-11 while their over/under record sits at 7-14-4.
Jon Marchessault has accumulated 19 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 10 goals this season with 64 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 16%. He has a total of 9 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Vincent Trocheck has averaged 21 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 6 goals on 58 shots. He has 7 assists giving him a total of 13 points on the season. Roberto Luongo has 9 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has had 491 shots against him and has given up 35 goals. He has made 456 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Brad Marchand has accumulated 21 total points this season for the Bruins. He has 7 goals this season with 64 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 14 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. David Pastrnak has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 19% by scoring 13 goals on 68 shots. He has 6 assists giving him a total of 19 points on the season. Tuukka Rask has 13 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Bruins. He has had 491 shots against him and has given up 29 goals. He has made 462 saves for a save percentage of 94%.
The Panthers have 26 total points this season. They have scored 60 goals while giving up 63 goals. They have had 88 power play opportunities and have scored 12 goals on those chances for a percentage of 14%. The Panthers have allowed 77 power play opportunities and given up 12 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.91% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Bruins have a total of 29 points on the season. They have 11 power play goals on 77 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 14%. They have allowed 85 power play opportunities and have given up 12 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 86%. As a team, the Panthers have a total of 59 goals scored while they've given up 55 goals to this point. They average 33 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.13%. As a team they give up 28 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Florida has a Corsi percentage of 53.9% as they've attempted 1,437 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,230 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 52.6% as they have 1,070 attempts while they've given up 963 shots on the defensive end. The Panthers start possessions in the offensive zone 54.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 45.5% for the season. They have 747 face off wins compared to 777 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49%. On defense Florida has 530 hits and they've blocked 267 shots from the opposition.
Boston has attempted 1,522 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,314 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 53.7% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 54.1% as they have 1,140 shots while they've given up 968 attempts on defense. The Bruins have an offensive zone percentage of 53.3% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.7% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 52.4% as they've compiled 830 face off wins this season and they have suffered 755 face off losses. On defense Boston has blocked 346 shot attempts and they have 526 hits as a unit.
Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 10-13 straight up
The Florida Panthers are 9-11-5 against the over/under
Boston Bruins Betting Trends
The Boston Bruins are 12-11 straight up
The Boston Bruins are 7-14-4 against the over/under
Florida Panthers Injuries
11/21/16 D Alex Petrovic Lower Body out indefinitely
10/10/16 LW Jonathan Huberdeau Achilles expected to miss 3-4 months
Boston Bruins Injuries
11/29/16 D John-Michael Liles Concussion out indefinitely
11/23/16 D Zdeno Chara Lower Body out indefinitely
11/10/16 C Noel Acciari Leg out indefinitely
10/10/16 C Frank Vatrano Foot out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take Boston -135
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.