Saturday, March 26, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Florida Panthers travel to Amalie Arena to play the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday, March 26, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Panthers at +171 and the Lightning at -190. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Florida comes into this matchup having played 74 games. They have an overall record of 41-24-9 and on the road they have a record of 19-14-4. Currently they are 1st in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 211 goals and given up 182 goals for a point differential of +29. The Panthers have 9 overtime losses including 3 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 5-4-1. For the season they have an ATS record of 39-33 and an over/under record of 28-29-17. Tampa Bay shows up with a record of 42-26-5 including 22-11-3 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 202 goals and surrendered 173 for a goal differential of +29. The Lightning have 5 losses in OT and 3 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 41-31 while their over/under record sits at 29-35-9.
Jaromir Jagr has accumulated 56 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 24 goals this season with 127 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 19%. He has a total of 32 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Jussi Jokinen has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 16 goals on 138 shots. He has 40 assists giving him a total of 56 points on the season. Roberto Luongo has 31 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has had 1,649 shots against him and has given up 129 goals. He has made 1,520 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Steven Stamkos has accumulated 60 total points this season for the Lightning. He has 34 goals this season with 199 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 17%. He has a total of 26 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Nikita Kucherov has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 28 goals on 192 shots. He has 32 assists giving him a total of 60 points on the season. Ben Bishop has 31 wins and 19 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He has had 1,513 shots against him and has given up 109 goals. He has made 1,404 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Panthers have 91 total points this season. They have scored 204 goals while giving up 179 goals. They have had 252 power play opportunities and have scored 43 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Panthers have allowed 240 power play opportunities and given up 45 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 28 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.68% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Lightning have a total of 89 points on the season. They have 40 power play goals on 243 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 16%. They have allowed 221 power play opportunities and have given up 36 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Panthers have a total of 199 goals scored while they've given up 170 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.36%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Florida has a Corsi percentage of 48.8% as they've attempted 3,684 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,870 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 49% as they have 2,885 attempts while they've given up 3,000 shots on the defensive end. The Panthers start possessions in the offensive zone 48.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.3% for the season. They have 2,292 face off wins compared to 2,302 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.9%. On defense Florida has 1,768 hits and they've blocked 870 shots from the opposition.
Tampa Bay has attempted 4,037 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,894 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.9% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.5% as they have 3,020 shots while they've given up 2,965 attempts on defense. The Lightning have an offensive zone percentage of 53.5% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.5% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.4% as they've compiled 2,107 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,157 face off losses. On defense Tampa Bay has blocked 929 shot attempts and they have 1,476 hits as a unit.
Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 39-33 straight up
The Florida Panthers are 28-29-17 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 41-31 straight up
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 29-35-9 against the over/under
Florida Panthers Injuries
03/20/16 D Erik Gudbranson Foot out indefinitely
03/15/16 C Derek MacKenzie Foot expected to miss 2 weeks
02/06/16 D Willie Mitchell Concussion out indefinitely
01/04/16 C David Bolland Ankle out indefinitely
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
10/06/14 D Mattias Ohlund Knee out indefinitely
03/22/16 RW Ryan Callahan Lower Body "?" Friday vs NY Islanders
03/15/16 C Valtteri Filppula Upper Body out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Florida
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's Expert Expert NHL Picks.