Monday, January 4, 2015
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Los Angeles Kings travel to Pepsi Center to play the Colorado Avalanche on Monday, January 4, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Kings at -136 and the Avalanche at +123. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Los Angeles comes into this matchup having played 38 games. They have an overall record of 25-11-2 and on the road they have a record of 13-5-2. Currently they are 1st in the Pacific Division. They've scored 104 goals and given up 83 goals for a point differential of +21. Colorado shows up with a record of 18-18-3 including 6-9-3 at home this season. They are 6th in the Central Division. They've scored 109 goals and surrendered 110 for a goal differential of -1.
Anze Kopitar has accumulated 29 total points this season for the Kings. He has 10 goals this season with 72 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 19 assists on the season and averages 21 minutes played per game. Jeff Carter has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 11 goals on 103 shots. He has 17 assists giving him a total of 28 points on the season. Jonathan Quick has 22 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Kings. He has had 886 shots against him and has given up 68 goals. He has made 818 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Gabriel Landeskog has accumulated 27 total points this season for the Avalanche. He has 8 goals this season with 85 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 19 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Nathan MacKinnon has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 13 goals on 122 shots. He has 20 assists giving him a total of 33 points on the season. Semyon Varlamov has 12 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Avalanche. He has had 753 shots against him and has given up 67 goals. He has made 686 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Kings have 52 total points this season. They have scored 102 goals while giving up 82 goals. They have had 109 power play opportunities and have scored 22 goals on those chances for a percentage of 20%. The Kings have allowed 137 power play opportunities and given up 23 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. They average 32 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.33% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Avalanche have a total of 39 points on the season. They have 27 power play goals on 133 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 125 power play opportunities and have given up 25 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Kings have a total of 109 goals scored while they've given up 110 goals to this point. They average 28 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.95%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Los Angeles Kings Betting Trends
The Los Angeles Kings are 23-13 straight up
The Los Angeles Kings are 9-14-14 against the over/under
Colorado Avalanche Betting Trends
The Colorado Avalanche are 18-21 straight up
The Colorado Avalanche are 19-19-1 against the over/under
Los Angeles Kings Injuries
12/14/15 LW Kyle Clifford Upper Body out indefinitely
10/22/15 D Matt Greene Shoulder out indefinitely
01/02/16 C Jeff Carter Upper Body "?" Monday vs Colorado
Colorado Avalanche Injuries
12/30/15 D Brad Stuart Back out indefinitely
12/26/15 GO Reto Berra Ankle expected to miss 10 days
10/06/15 C Jesse Winchester Concussion out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Colorado
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.