Thursday, January 14, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The New Jersey Devils travel to Pepsi Center to play the Colorado Avalanche on Thursday, January 14, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Devils at +122 and the Avalanche at -135. The over/under has been set at 5.
New Jersey comes into this matchup having played 44 games. They have an overall record of 21-18-5 and on the road they have a record of 12-8-2. Currently they are 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 99 goals and given up 107 goals for a point differential of -8. Colorado shows up with a record of 21-20-3 including 9-10-3 at home this season. They are 6th in the Central Division. They've scored 125 goals and surrendered 127 for a goal differential of -2.
Mike Cammalleri has accumulated 35 total points this season for the Devils. He has 14 goals this season with 98 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Adam Henrique has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 19% by scoring 15 goals on 81 shots. He has 14 assists giving him a total of 29 points on the season. Cory Schneider has 18 wins and 13 losses this season in net for the Devils. He has had 1014 shots against him and has given up 75 goals. He has made 939 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Gabriel Landeskog has accumulated 31 total points this season for the Avalanche. He has 10 goals this season with 95 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Nathan MacKinnon has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 15 goals on 148 shots. He has 22 assists giving him a total of 37 points on the season. Semyon Varlamov has 15 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Avalanche. He has had 902 shots against him and has given up 82 goals. He has made 820 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Devils have 47 total points this season. They have scored 97 goals while giving up 103 goals. They have had 142 power play opportunities and have scored 26 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Devils have allowed 139 power play opportunities and given up 25 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 25 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.99% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Avalanche have a total of 45 points on the season. They have 32 power play goals on 151 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 21%. They have allowed 141 power play opportunities and have given up 29 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. As a team, the Devils have a total of 125 goals scored while they've given up 127 goals to this point. They average 28 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.02%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
New Jersey Devils Betting Trends
The New Jersey Devils are 19-23 straight up
The New Jersey Devils are 12-19-13 against the over/under
Colorado Avalanche Betting Trends
The Colorado Avalanche are 21-23 straight up
The Colorado Avalanche are 22-21-1 against the over/under
New Jersey Devils Injuries
12/30/15 C Jacob Josefson Foot out indefinitely
12/29/15 LW Patrik Elias Knee out indefinitely
01/13/16 RW Jordin Tootoo Undisclosed "?" Thursday vs. Colorado
01/13/16 LW Bobby Farnham Possible Suspension "?" Thursday vs. Colorado
01/12/16 C Jiri Tlusty Upper Body "?" Thursday vs Colorado
01/12/16 D John Moore Lower Body "?" Thursday vs Colorado
01/12/16 LW Michael Cammalleri Wrist "?" Thursday vs Colorado
01/08/16 LW Tuomo Ruutu Lower Body out indefinitely
Colorado Avalanche Injuries
12/30/15 D Brad Stuart Back out indefinitely
12/26/15 GO Reto Berra Ankle out indefinitely
10/06/15 C Jesse Winchester Concussion out indefinitely
01/04/16 D Erik Johnson Knee expected to miss 1-2 weeks
Josh's Pick: Take Colorado
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.