Thursday, February 4, 2016
Air Canada Centre
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The New Jersey Devils travel to Air Canada Centre to play the Toronto Maple Leafs on Thursday, February 4, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Devils at -110 and the Maple Leafs at +100. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New Jersey comes into this matchup having played 51 games. They have an overall record of 26-20-5 and on the road they have a record of 14-10-2. Currently they are 5th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 117 goals and given up 120 goals for a point differential of -3. The Devils have 5 overtime losses including 4 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 6-4-0. For the season they have an ATS record of 24-25 and an over/under record of 15-23-13. Toronto shows up with a record of 18-22-9 including 7-8-7 at home this season. They are 7th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 118 goals and surrendered 137 for a goal differential of -19. The Maple Leafs have 9 losses in OT and 5 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 2-6-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 14-31 while their over/under record sits at 18-24-7.
Mike Cammalleri has accumulated 38 total points this season for the Devils. He has 14 goals this season with 101 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 24 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Adam Henrique has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 16 goals on 96 shots. He has 16 assists giving him a total of 32 points on the season. Cory Schneider has 23 wins and 15 losses this season in net for the Devils. He has had 1224 shots against him and has given up 87 goals. He has made 1137 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Tyler Bozak has accumulated 29 total points this season for the Maple Leafs. He has 9 goals this season with 82 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 20 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Leo Komarov has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 18% by scoring 17 goals on 95 shots. He has 16 assists giving him a total of 33 points on the season. James Reimer has 9 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Maple Leafs. He has had 764 shots against him and has given up 52 goals. He has made 712 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Devils have 57 total points this season. They have scored 115 goals while giving up 116 goals. They have had 159 power play opportunities and have scored 31 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Devils have allowed 161 power play opportunities and given up 30 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 24 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.32% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Maple Leafs have a total of 45 points on the season. They have 24 power play goals on 151 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 16%. They have allowed 161 power play opportunities and have given up 31 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Devils have a total of 114 goals scored while they've given up 132 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.53%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
New Jersey has a Corsi percentage of 46.1% as they've attempted 2,127 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,490 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 46.5% as they have 1,645 attempts while they've given up 1,890 shots on the defensive end. The Devils start possessions in the offensive zone 47.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 52.4% for the season. They have 1,303 face off wins compared to 1,486 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 46.7%. On defense New Jersey has 1,139 hits and they've blocked 600 shots from the opposition.
Toronto has attempted 2,871 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,731 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.2% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.5% as they have 2,163 shots while they've given up 2,116 attempts on defense. The Maple Leafs have an offensive zone percentage of 50.6% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.4% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 51.1% as they've compiled 1,539 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,475 face off losses. On defense Toronto has blocked 615 shot attempts and they have 1,284 hits as a unit.
New Jersey Devils Betting Trends
The New Jersey Devils are 24-25 straight up
The New Jersey Devils are 15-23-13 against the over/under
Toronto Maple Leafs Betting Trends
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 14-31 straight up
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 18-24-7 against the over/under
New Jersey Devils Injuries
12/29/15 LW Patrik Elias Knee out indefinitely
02/02/16 D John Moore Lower Body "?" Thursday vs Toronto
02/02/16 LW Michael Cammalleri Hand expected to miss another 2 games
01/23/16 C Jiri Tlusty Wrist out for season
01/18/16 D Jon Merrill Arm out indefinitely
Toronto Maple Leafs Injuries
12/18/15 GO Garret Sparks Lower Body out indefinitely
11/17/15 RW Nathan Horton Back out indefinitely
10/17/15 D Stephane Robidas Knee out indefinitely
01/11/16 LW James Van Riemsdyk Foot expected to miss 6-8 weeks
Josh's Pick: Take Toronto
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.