Wednesday, April 27, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The New York Islanders travel to Amalie Arena to play the Tampa Bay Lightning on Wednesday, April 27, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Islanders at +130 and the Lightning at -150. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New York comes into this matchup having played 82 games. They have an overall record of 45-27-10 and on the road they have a record of 20-16-5. Currently they are 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 232 goals and given up 216 goals for a point differential of +16. The Islanders have 10 overtime losses including 5 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 6-3-1. For the season they have an ATS record of 43-35 and an over/under record of 34-40-8. Tampa Bay shows up with a record of 46-31-5 including 25-13-3 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 227 goals and surrendered 201 for a goal differential of +26. The Lightning have 5 losses in OT and 3 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 5-5-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 45-35 while their over/under record sits at 34-38-10.
John Tavares has accumulated 70 total points this season for the Islanders. He has 33 goals this season with 250 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 37 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Kyle Okposo has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 22 goals on 202 shots. He has 42 assists giving him a total of 64 points on the season. Thomas Greiss has 23 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Islanders. He has had 1,197 shots against him and has given up 90 goals. He has made 1,107 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Nikita Kucherov has accumulated 66 total points this season for the Lightning. He has 30 goals this season with 209 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 36 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Victor Hedman has averaged 23 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 6% by scoring 10 goals on 180 shots. He has 37 assists giving him a total of 47 points on the season. Ben Bishop has 35 wins and 21 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He has had 1,672 shots against him and has given up 123 goals. He has made 1,549 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Islanders have 100 total points this season. They have scored 227 goals while giving up 211 goals. They have had 229 power play opportunities and have scored 43 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Islanders have allowed 232 power play opportunities and given up 36 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.41% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Lightning have a total of 97 points on the season. They have 44 power play goals on 279 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 16%. They have allowed 257 power play opportunities and have given up 41 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Islanders have a total of 224 goals scored while they've given up 198 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.33%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
New York has a Corsi percentage of 49.3% as they've attempted 4,602 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,729 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 49.6% as they have 3,352 attempts while they've given up 3,407 shots on the defensive end. The Islanders start possessions in the offensive zone 51.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48.1% for the season. They have 2,331 face off wins compared to 2,323 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.1%. On defense New York has 2,311 hits and they've blocked 1,322 shots from the opposition.
Tampa Bay has attempted 4,533 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,345 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.5% as they have 3,391 shots while they've given up 3,318 attempts on defense. The Lightning have an offensive zone percentage of 53.3% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.7% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.5% as they've compiled 2,372 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,421 face off losses. On defense Tampa Bay has blocked 1,027 shot attempts and they have 1,682 hits as a unit.
New York Islanders Betting Trends
The New York Islanders are 43-35 straight up
The New York Islanders are 34-40-8 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 45-35 straight up
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 34-38-10 against the over/under
New York Islanders Injuries
04/25/16 GO Jaroslav Halak Groin doubtful Wednesday vs. Tampa Bay
04/22/16 D Ryan Pulock Upper Body out indefinitely
04/08/16 C Anders Lee Fibula out indefinitely
03/18/16 C Mikhail Grabovski Concussion out for season
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
10/06/14 D Mattias Ohlund Knee out indefinitely
04/25/16 D Anton Stralman Fibula expected to miss Wednesday vs. NY Islanders
04/25/16 RW Ryan Callahan Lower Body probable Wednesday vs. NY Islanders
04/16/16 RW J.T. Brown Upper Body out indefinitely
04/03/16 C Steven Stamkos Blood Clot expected to miss 1-3 months
Josh's Pick: Take Tampa Bay
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.