Friday, December 30, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Philadelphia Flyers head to SAP Center to take on the San Jose Sharks on Friday, December 30, 2016. The opening line for this matchup has the Flyers at +149 and the Sharks at -165. The over/under is 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Philadelphia comes into this game having played 37 contests. They have an overall record of 20-13-4 and away from home they have a record of 8-8-1. Currently they are 5th in the Metropolitan Division. They've tallied 113 goals and surrendered 114 goals for a point differential of -1. The Flyers have an overall record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 16-17 and an over/under record of 19-13-5. San Jose comes into this game with a record of 22-12-1 including 12-4-0 at home this season. They are 1st in the Pacific Division. They've scored 90 goals and surrendered 77 for a goal differential of +13. The Sharks have a record of 7-3-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 20-13 while their over/under record sits at 6-18-11.
Wayne Simmonds has accumulated 31 total points this season for the Flyers. He has 17 goals this season with 98 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 17%. He has a total of 14 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Claude Giroux has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 10 goals on 100 shots. He has 21 assists giving him a total of 31 points on the season. Steve Mason has 14 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Flyers. He has had 809 shots against him and has given up 77 goals. He has made 732 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Brent Burns has accumulated 34 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 14 goals this season with 144 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 20 assists on the season and averages 25 minutes played per game. Joe Pavelski has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 12 goals on 120 shots. He has 21 assists giving him a total of 33 points on the season. Martin Jones has 19 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 788 shots against him and has given up 63 goals. He has made 725 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Flyers have 44 total points this season. They have scored 113 goals while giving up 114 goals. They have had 131 power play opportunities and have scored 29 goals on those chances for a percentage of 22%. The Flyers have allowed 110 power play opportunities and given up 21 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.86% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Sharks have a total of 45 points on the season. They have 19 power play goals on 116 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 16%. They have allowed 92 power play opportunities and have given up 15 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Flyers have a total of 90 goals scored while they've given up 77 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.37%. As a team they give up 26 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Philadelphia has a Corsi percentage of 51.9% as they've attempted 2,232 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,068 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 52.7% as they have 1,650 attempts while they've given up 1,483 shots on the defensive end. The Flyers start possessions in the offensive zone 55% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 45% for the season. They have 1,154 face off wins compared to 1,122 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.7%. On defense Philadelphia has 937 hits and they've blocked 585 shots from the opposition.
San Jose has attempted 2,088 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,915 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 52.2% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 52.9% as they have 1,528 shots while they've given up 1,363 attempts on defense. The Sharks have an offensive zone percentage of 54% and their defensive zone percentage is 46% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 47.7% as they've compiled 990 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,086 face off losses. On defense San Jose has blocked 552 shot attempts and they have 704 hits as a unit.
Philadelphia Flyers Betting Trends
The Philadelphia Flyers are 16-17 straight up
The Philadelphia Flyers are 19-13-5 against the over/under
San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 20-13 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 6-18-11 against the over/under
Philadelphia Flyers Injuries
12/28/16 D Mark Streit Shoulder "?" Friday vs San Jose
12/27/16 RW Matt Read Oblique expected to miss 7-10 days
12/27/16 LW Michael Raffl Knee expected to miss 1-2 weeks
11/13/16 GO Michal Neuvirth Lower Body out indefinitely
San Jose Sharks Injuries
12/27/16 C Tommy Wingels Undisclosed "?" Friday vs Philadelphia
11/21/16 C Tomas Hertl Knee out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Philadelphia +149
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.