Friday, February 5, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Pittsburgh Penguins travel to Amalie Arena to play the Tampa Bay Lightning on Friday, February 5, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Penguins at +122 and the Lightning at -135. The over/under has been set at 5.
Pittsburgh comes into this matchup having played 49 games. They have an overall record of 25-17-7 and on the road they have a record of 10-10-3. Currently they are 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 127 goals and given up 125 goals for a point differential of +2. The Penguins have 7 overtime losses including 3 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 6-2-2. For the season they have an ATS record of 25-24 and an over/under record of 18-22-9. Tampa Bay shows up with a record of 28-18-4 including 16-8-2 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 133 goals and surrendered 118 for a goal differential of +15. The Lightning have 4 losses in OT and 3 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 9-1-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 28-22 while their over/under record sits at 17-26-7.
Sidney Crosby has accumulated 45 total points this season for the Penguins. He has 20 goals this season with 149 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 25 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Evgeni Malkin has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 23 goals on 140 shots. He has 26 assists giving him a total of 49 points on the season. Marc-Andre Fleury has 20 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Penguins. He has had 1084 shots against him and has given up 85 goals. He has made 999 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Steven Stamkos has accumulated 38 total points this season for the Lightning. He has 21 goals this season with 146 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 17 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Nikita Kucherov has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 21 goals on 121 shots. He has 22 assists giving him a total of 43 points on the season. Ben Bishop has 20 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He has had 1007 shots against him and has given up 74 goals. He has made 933 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Penguins have 57 total points this season. They have scored 126 goals while giving up 122 goals. They have had 166 power play opportunities and have scored 34 goals on those chances for a percentage of 20%. The Penguins have allowed 161 power play opportunities and given up 26 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They average 33 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.89% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Lightning have a total of 60 points on the season. They have 33 power play goals on 174 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 150 power play opportunities and have given up 28 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Penguins have a total of 131 goals scored while they've given up 115 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.08%. As a team they give up 28 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Pittsburgh has a Corsi percentage of 50.9% as they've attempted 2,705 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,608 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.9% as they have 2,051 attempts while they've given up 1,980 shots on the defensive end. The Penguins start possessions in the offensive zone 51.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48.5% for the season. They have 1,501 face off wins compared to 1,484 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.3%. On defense Pittsburgh has 1,177 hits and they've blocked 628 shots from the opposition.
Tampa Bay has attempted 2,654 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,507 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.4% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51% as they have 1,994 shots while they've given up 1,914 attempts on defense. The Lightning have an offensive zone percentage of 53.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50% as they've compiled 1,424 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,422 face off losses. On defense Tampa Bay has blocked 593 shot attempts and they have 951 hits as a unit.
Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Trends
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 25-24 straight up
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 18-22-9 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 28-22 straight up
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 17-26-7 against the over/under
Pittsburgh Penguins Injuries
12/08/15 RW Pascal Dupuis Blood Clot has retired
02/02/16 RW Beau Bennett Shoulder out indefinitely
01/23/16 D David Warsofsky Concussion out indefinitely
01/14/16 C Nick Bonino Hand out indefinitely
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
12/15/15 F Joel Vermin Hand out 6-8 weeks
10/06/14 D Mattias Ohlund Knee out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Tampa Bay
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.