Sunday, December 18, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The San Jose Sharks travel to United Center to play the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday, December 18, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Sharks at +136 and the Blackhawks at -150. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
San Jose comes into this matchup having played 31 games. They have an overall record of 19-11-1 and on the road they have a record of 9-7-1. Currently they are 1st in the Pacific Division. They've scored 79 goals and given up 68 goals for a point differential of +11. The Sharks have an overall record of 7-3-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 17-12 and an over/under record of 6-18-7. Chicago shows up with a record of 20-8-4 including 12-2-3 at home this season. They are 1st in the Central Division. They've scored 88 goals and surrendered 75 for a goal differential of +13. The Blackhawks have a record of 6-2-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 18-12 while their over/under record sits at 9-17-6.
Joe Pavelski has accumulated 27 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 10 goals this season with 108 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 17 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Brent Burns has averaged 25 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 13 goals on 133 shots. He has 16 assists giving him a total of 29 points on the season. Martin Jones has 16 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 688 shots against him and has given up 55 goals. He has made 633 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Patrick Kane has accumulated 29 total points this season for the Blackhawks. He has 8 goals this season with 99 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 22 minutes played per game. Artem Anisimov has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 25% by scoring 14 goals on 55 shots. He has 13 assists giving him a total of 27 points on the season. Scott Darling has 8 wins and 2 losses this season in net for the Blackhawks. He has had 375 shots against him and has given up 27 goals. He has made 348 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Sharks have 39 total points this season. They have scored 79 goals while giving up 68 goals. They have had 101 power play opportunities and have scored 18 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Sharks have allowed 82 power play opportunities and given up 15 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.31% for the season to this point. They allow 27 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Blackhawks have a total of 44 points on the season. They have 19 power play goals on 100 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 90 power play opportunities and have given up 24 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 73%. As a team, the Sharks have a total of 88 goals scored while they've given up 75 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.63%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 93%.
San Jose has a Corsi percentage of 52.3% as they've attempted 1,860 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,696 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 53.2% as they have 1,360 attempts while they've given up 1,198 shots on the defensive end. The Sharks start possessions in the offensive zone 53.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.4% for the season. They have 887 face off wins compared to 969 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 47.8%. On defense San Jose has 629 hits and they've blocked 498 shots from the opposition.
Chicago has attempted 1,756 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,761 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 49.9% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 47.9% as they have 1,236 shots while they've given up 1,346 attempts on defense. The Blackhawks have an offensive zone percentage of 54.1% and their defensive zone percentage is 45.9% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48.1% as they've compiled 917 face off wins this season and they have suffered 990 face off losses. On defense Chicago has blocked 415 shot attempts and they have 482 hits as a unit.
San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 17-12 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 6-18-7 against the over/under
Chicago Blackhawks Betting Trends
The Chicago Blackhawks are 18-12 straight up
The Chicago Blackhawks are 9-17-6 against the over/under
San Jose Sharks Injuries
11/21/16 C Tomas Hertl Knee out indefinitely
Chicago Blackhawks Injuries
12/03/16 GO Corey Crawford Appendix expected to miss 2-3 weeks
Guy's Pick: Take Chicago -150
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.