Saturday, December 31, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The San Jose Sharks travel to Staples Center to play the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday, December 31, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Sharks at -175 and the Kings at +158. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
San Jose comes into this matchup having played 35 games. They have an overall record of 22-12-1 and on the road they have a record of 10-8-1. Currently they are 1st in the Pacific Division. They've scored 90 goals and given up 77 goals for a point differential of +13. The Sharks have an overall record of 7-3-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 20-13 and an over/under record of 6-18-11. Los Angeles shows up with a record of 17-15-4 including 10-4-1 at home this season. They are 5th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 89 goals and surrendered 89 for a goal differential of 0. The Kings have a record of 4-4-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 16-19 while their over/under record sits at 11-19-6.
Brent Burns has accumulated 34 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 14 goals this season with 144 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 20 assists on the season and averages 25 minutes played per game. Joe Pavelski has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 12 goals on 120 shots. He has 21 assists giving him a total of 33 points on the season. Martin Jones has 19 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 788 shots against him and has given up 63 goals. He has made 725 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Jeff Carter has accumulated 30 total points this season for the Kings. He has 19 goals this season with 114 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 17%. He has a total of 11 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Alec Martinez has averaged 23 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 6 goals on 75 shots. He has 13 assists giving him a total of 19 points on the season. Peter Budaj has 15 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Kings. He has had 736 shots against him and has given up 59 goals. He has made 677 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Sharks have 45 total points this season. They have scored 90 goals while giving up 77 goals. They have had 116 power play opportunities and have scored 19 goals on those chances for a percentage of 16%. The Sharks have allowed 92 power play opportunities and given up 15 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.37% for the season to this point. They allow 26 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Kings have a total of 38 points on the season. They have 16 power play goals on 104 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 15%. They have allowed 116 power play opportunities and have given up 19 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Sharks have a total of 89 goals scored while they've given up 89 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.17%. As a team they give up 26 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
San Jose has a Corsi percentage of 52.2% as they've attempted 2,088 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,915 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 52.9% as they have 1,528 attempts while they've given up 1,363 shots on the defensive end. The Sharks start possessions in the offensive zone 54% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46% for the season. They have 990 face off wins compared to 1,086 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 47.7%. On defense San Jose has 704 hits and they've blocked 552 shots from the opposition.
Los Angeles has attempted 2,128 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,834 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 53.7% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 53.9% as they have 1,558 shots while they've given up 1,331 attempts on defense. The Kings have an offensive zone percentage of 53.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.2% as they've compiled 1,082 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,072 face off losses. On defense Los Angeles has blocked 503 shot attempts and they have 1,103 hits as a unit.
San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 20-13 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 6-18-11 against the over/under
Los Angeles Kings Betting Trends
The Los Angeles Kings are 16-19 straight up
The Los Angeles Kings are 11-19-6 against the over/under
San Jose Sharks Injuries
12/27/16 C Tommy Wingels Undisclosed "?" Friday vs Philadelphia
11/21/16 C Tomas Hertl Knee out indefinitely
Los Angeles Kings Injuries
12/27/16 C Tyler Toffoli Lower Body out indefinitely
10/13/16 GO Jonathan Quick Groin out 5 months
Guy's Pick: Take Los Angeles +158
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.