Anaheim Ducks at Nashville Predators NHL Picks & Predictions 12/2/2017
Saturday, December 2, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Anaheim Ducks travel to Bridgestone Arena to play the Nashville Predators on Saturday, December 2, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Ducks at +128 and the Predators at -138.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Anaheim has a record of 11-10-4 this season and on the road they have a record of 5-3-2. They are 6th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 68 goals and given up 75 goals for a point differential of -7. For the season they have an ATS record of 11-14-0 and an over/under record of 9-15-0. Nashville is 15-6-3 including 9-2-1 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Central Division. They've scored 79 goals and surrendered 73 for a goal differential of +6. Their record against the spread is 15-9-0 while their over/under record is 12-12-0.
Valuable Anaheim Ducks Betting Trends
The Anaheim Ducks are 11-14-0 straight up this year
The Anaheim Ducks are 9-15-0 against the over/under this season
Important Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 15-9-0 straight up this year
The Nashville Predators are 12-12-0 against the over/under this season
Key Anaheim Ducks Injuries
11/30/17 D Brandon Montour Elbow is "?" Friday vs Columbus
11/30/17 RW Jakob Silfverberg Upper Body injured last game, is "?" Friday vs Columbus
11/30/17 C Rickard Rakell Upper Body is downgraded to doubtful Friday vs Columbus
11/30/17 D Adam Henrique Acquired is "?" Friday vs Columbus
11/14/17 RW Jared Boll Undisclosed IR (11/07)
11/09/17 RW Ondrej Kase Concussion IR (11/07)
10/31/17 C Ryan Getzlaf Facial IR (10/29)
10/22/17 RW Patrick Eaves Lower Body IR (10/14)
10/02/17 C Ryan Kesler Hip IR (10/03)
Key Nashville Predators Injuries
11/14/17 LW Scott Hartnell Lower Body IR (11/11)
11/14/17 D Yannick Weber Lower Body IR (11/11)
10/02/17 D Ryan Ellis Knee IR (10/03)
Rickard Rakell has accumulated 18 total points this season for the Ducks. He has 8 goals this year with 67 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 10 assists on the season and averages 20.3 minutes played per game. Corey Perry averages 18.3 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 4 goals on 53 shots. He has 13 assists, giving him a total of 17 points on the season. John Gibson has 8 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Ducks. He has 685 shots against him and he's given up 54 goals. He's made 631 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Filip Forsberg has scored 25 total points this year for the Predators. He has 12 goals this season with 64 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 19%. He has a total of 13 assists on the season and averages 18.2 minutes played per game. Viktor Arvidsson averages 18.5 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 9 goals on 79 shots. He has 8 assists, giving him a total of 17 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 14 wins and 3 losses this year in goal for the Predators. He has 611 shots against him and he's surrendered 44 goals. He's made 567 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Ducks have 26 total points this season, which ranks them 18th in the NHL. They are 22nd in the league in goals scored with 68 while they've given up 75 goals, ranking them 13th overall. They have had 76 power play opportunities and have scored 14 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. That is 19th in the NHL. The Ducks have allowed 102 power play opportunities and have given up 18 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%, putting them 9th in the league when short-handed. They average 30 shots per game and as a team shoot 9.14% for the season. They allow 37 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%. That puts them 6th in the league in stopping the puck.
Useful Team Statistics
The Predators are 5th in the NHL with a total of 33 points this year. They have 24 power play goals on 94 opportunities for a percentage of 26%. That ranks them 3rd in the league as a power play unit. They've allowed 108 power play opportunities and have given up 17 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. That is 3rd in the NHL. As a team, the Predators are 11th in the league with 76 goals scored while they've given up 68 goals, which is 24th overall. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.75%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%. That is 8th in the NHL.
Anaheim has a Corsi percentage of 45.4% as they've tried 1,396 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 1,676 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 31st in Corsi percentage. They are 31st in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 45.5% as they have 1,064 shots while they've given up 1,277 attempts on defense. The Ducks start possessions in the offensive zone 45.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 54.7% for the year. That puts them 29th and 1st in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 806 face-off wins as opposed to 758 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 51.5%. That is 6th overall in the NHL. On defense Anaheim has 634 hits and they've blocked 399 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 2nd in the league.
The Predators are 30th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 44.6% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 55.4% for the season, which is 2nd in the NHL. They have 825 face-off wins compared to 738 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 52.8%. That is 3rd in the league. On defense Nashville has 525 hits and they have blocked 350 shots from the opposition, which is 19th in the league. Nashville is 23rd in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 48.9% as they've attempted 1,342 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,400 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 48.9% ranks 22nd as they have 1,004 attempts while they have given up 1,050 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Ducks/Predators NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Nashville -138 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take Nashville -138
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.