Saturday, January 7, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Boston Bruins travel to BB&T Center to play the Florida Panthers on Saturday, January 7, 2017.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Boston comes into this matchup having played 41 games. They have an overall record of 20-17-4 and on the road they have a record of 11-7-4. Currently they are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 98 goals and given up 101 goals for a point differential of -3. The Bruins have an overall record of 4-5-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 18-21 and an over/under record of 16-20-5. Florida shows up with a record of 16-15-8 including 9-7-3 at home this season. They are 6th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 93 goals and surrendered 108 for a goal differential of -15. The Panthers have a record of 3-3-4 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 13-23 while their over/under record sits at 16-17-6.
Brad Marchand has accumulated 32 total points this season for the Bruins. He has 10 goals this season with 116 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. David Pastrnak has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 19 goals on 118 shots. He has 8 assists giving him a total of 27 points on the season. Tuukka Rask has 19 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Bruins. He has had 821 shots against him and has given up 61 goals. He has made 760 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Jaromir Jagr has accumulated 24 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 7 goals this season with 93 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 17 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Aleksander Barkov has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 9 goals on 88 shots. He has 18 assists giving him a total of 27 points on the season. Roberto Luongo has 11 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has had 798 shots against him and has given up 65 goals. He has made 733 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Bruins have 44 total points this season. They have scored 98 goals while giving up 101 goals. They have had 124 power play opportunities and have scored 18 goals on those chances for a percentage of 15%. The Bruins have allowed 138 power play opportunities and given up 17 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 88%. They average 34 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.11% for the season to this point. They allow 27 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Panthers have a total of 40 points on the season. They have 21 power play goals on 134 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 16%. They have allowed 121 power play opportunities and have given up 19 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Bruins have a total of 93 goals scored while they've given up 108 goals to this point. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.42%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Boston has a Corsi percentage of 54.9% as they've attempted 2,575 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,118 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 55% as they have 1,918 attempts while they've given up 1,569 shots on the defensive end. The Bruins start possessions in the offensive zone 54.2% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 45.8% for the season. They have 1,330 face off wins compared to 1,189 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 52.8%. On defense Boston has 876 hits and they've blocked 549 shots from the opposition.
Florida has attempted 2,296 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,045 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 52.9% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 52.3% as they have 1,756 shots while they've given up 1,603 attempts on defense. The Panthers have an offensive zone percentage of 53.4% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.6% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48.3% as they've compiled 1,160 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,243 face off losses. On defense Florida has blocked 442 shot attempts and they have 823 hits as a unit.
Boston Bruins Betting Trends
The Boston Bruins are 18-21 straight up
The Boston Bruins are 16-20-5 against the over/under
Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 13-23 straight up
The Florida Panthers are 16-17-6 against the over/under
Boston Bruins Injuries
12/06/16 LW Matt Beleskey Knee expected to miss 6 weeks
11/29/16 D John-Michael Liles Concussion out indefinitely
01/05/17 RW David Backes Concussion "?" Saturday vs Florida
Florida Panthers Injuries
12/30/16 C Aleksander Barkov Lower Body expected to miss 2-3 weeks
11/21/16 D Alex Petrovic Lower Body out indefinitely
10/10/16 LW Jonathan Huberdeau Achilles expected to miss 3-4 months
01/06/17 C Colton Sceviour Shoulder is upgraded to probable Friday vs. Nashville
01/05/17 C Seth Griffith Concussion is downgraded to expected to miss a week
Josh's Pick: Take Boston
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.