Friday, March 17, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Buffalo Sabres head to Honda Center to take on the Anaheim Ducks on Friday, March 17, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Sabres at +197 and the Ducks at -220. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Buffalo comes into this game having played 70 games. They have an overall record of 28-29-12 and away from home they have a record of 11-18-6. The currently are 7th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 178 goals and surrendered 207 goals for a point differential of -29. The Sabres have an overall record of 2-6-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 27-42 and an over/under record of 32-31-7. Anaheim shows up with a record of 36-23-10 including 23-8-3 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Pacific Division. They've scored 183 goals and surrendered 175 for a goal differential of +8. The Ducks have a record of 6-4-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 34-33 while their over/under record sits at 23-31-16.
Sam Reinhart has accumulated 43 total points this season for the Sabres. He has 16 goals this season with 159 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 27 assists on the season and averages 17.5 minutes played per game. Kyle Okposo has averaged 19.1 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 19 goals on 151 shots. He has 24 assists giving him a total of 43 points on the season. Robin Lehner has 19 wins and 20 losses this season in net for the Sabres. He has had 1,598 shots against him and has given up 127 goals. He has made 1,471 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Ryan Kesler has accumulated 50 total points this season for the Ducks. He has 20 goals this season with 162 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 30 assists on the season and averages 21.5 minutes played per game. Ryan Getzlaf has averaged 21 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 13 goals on 119 shots. He has 43 assists giving him a total of 56 points on the season. John Gibson has 23 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Ducks. He has had 1,336 shots against him and has given up 105 goals. He has made 1,231 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Sabres have 68 total points this season. They have scored 177 goals while giving up 203 goals. They have had 211 power play opportunities and have scored 50 goals on those chances for a percentage of 24%. The Sabres have allowed 203 power play opportunities and given up 48 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 76%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.46% for the season to this point. They allow 34 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Ducks have a total of 82 points on the season. They have 40 power play goals on 210 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 239 power play opportunities and have given up 36 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. As a team, the Sabres have a total of 181 goals scored while they've given up 174 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.86%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Buffalo has a Corsi percentage of 47.2% as they've attempted 3,717 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,161 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 47% as they have 2,841 attempts while they've given up 3,202 shots on the defensive end. The Sabres start possessions in the offensive zone 48.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.6% for the season. They have 2,084 face off wins compared to 2,084 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50%. On defense has 1,607 hits and they've blocked 959 shots from the opposition.
Anaheim has attempted 3,842 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,876 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 49.8% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 49.7% as they have 2,899 shots while they've given up 2,930 attempts on defense. The Ducks have an offensive zone percentage of 48.6% and their defensive zone percentage is 51.4% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 54.8% as they've compiled 2,274 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,879 face off losses. On defense has blocked 946 shot attempts and they have 1,836 hits as a unit.
Buffalo Sabres Betting Trends
The Buffalo Sabres are 27-42 straight up
The Buffalo Sabres are 32-31-7 against the over/under
Anaheim Ducks Betting Trends
The Anaheim Ducks are 34-33 straight up
The Anaheim Ducks are 23-31-16 against the over/under
Buffalo Sabres Injuries
12/31/16 C Johan Larsson Wrist out for season
11/12/16 C Cody McCormick Blood Clot out indefinitely
03/14/17 D Cody Franson Facial "?" Thursday vs. Los Angeles
03/14/17 D Dmitry Kulikov Upper Body out indefinitely
03/03/17 RW Kyle Okposo Ribs out indefinitely
02/18/17 C Derek Grant Shoulder out indefinitely
02/10/17 C Zemgus Girgensons Abdominal out indefinitely
02/04/17 LW William Carrier Knee out indefinitely
Anaheim Ducks Injuries
12/29/16 D Clayton Stoner Abdominal out indefinitely
11/17/16 LW Nicolas Kerdiles Concussion out indefinitely
10/14/16 D Simon Despres Concussion out indefinitely
03/15/17 GO John Gibson Lower Body "?" Friday vs. Buffalo
Josh's Pick: Take Buffalo +197
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.