Buffalo Sabres at Chicago Blackhawks NHL Picks & Parlay 12/8/2017
Friday, December 8, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Buffalo Sabres head to United Center to take on the Chicago Blackhawks on Friday, December 8, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Sabres at +162 and the Blackhawks at -180.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Buffalo has a record of 7-17-4 this year and away from home they have a record of 4-8-3. They are 8th in the Atlantic Division. They've tallied 60 goals and surrendered 96 goals for a point differential of -36. For the year they have an ATS mark of 7-21-0 and an over/under record of 11-14-0. Chicago has a record of 12-11-5, including 6-5-2 on home ice this year. They are 6th in the Central Division. They've scored 84 goals and have given up 79 for a goal differential of +5. Their record against the spread is 12-16-0 while their over/under mark is 13-14-0.
Valuable Buffalo Sabres Betting Trends
The Buffalo Sabres are 7-21-0 straight up this year
The Buffalo Sabres are 11-14-0 against the over/under this season
Important Chicago Blackhawks Betting Trends
The Chicago Blackhawks are 12-16-0 straight up this year
The Chicago Blackhawks are 13-14-0 against the over/under this season
Key Buffalo Sabres Injuries
12/05/17 D Nathan Beaulieu Illness is "?" Friday vs Chicago
11/27/17 C Jacob Josefson Ankle IR (11/26)
11/17/17 D Taylor Fedun Lower Body IR (11/15)
Key Chicago Blackhawks Injuries
12/02/17 GO Corey Crawford Undisclosed IR (11/30)
10/05/17 RW Marian Hossa Infection IR (10/03)
10/05/15 D Michal Rozsival Upper Body IR (10/03)
Robin Lehner has 6 wins and 12 losses this season in goal for the Sabres. He has 574 shots against him and he's surrendered 54 goals. He's made 520 stops for a save percentage of 91%. Evander Kane has scored 25 total points this year for the Sabres. He has 13 goals this season with 126 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 12 assists on the year and averages 20 minutes played per contest. Jason Pominville averages 15.4 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by tallying 7 goals on 58 attempts. He has 8 assists, giving him a total of 15 points on the year.
Jonathan Toews has 19 total points this season for the Blackhawks. He has 8 goals this year with 79 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 11 assists on the year and averages 19.8 minutes played per contest. Anton Forsberg has 2 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Blackhawks. He has 254 shots against him and he's given up 24 goals. He's made 230 saves for a save percentage of 91%. Patrick Kane averages 19.8 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 10 goals on 96 attempts. He has 17 assists, giving him a total of 27 points on the year.
Useful Team Statistics
The Sabres have given up 87 power play opportunities and surrendered 17 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80% this season. That is 16th in the league. They average 31 shots per contest and as a team shoot 6.86% for the year. They allow 31 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 89%, ranking them 30th in the NHL at stopping the puck. The Sabres are 31st overall with 18 total points this year. They are 31st in the league with 60 goals and 2nd in goals allowed with 96. They've had 89 power play chances and scored 10 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 11%. That is 30th in the NHL.
Useful Team Statistics
As a team, the Blackhawks are 13th with a total of 84 goals scored while they are 23rd with 79 goals surrendered this season. They average 34 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 8.76%. As a unit they give up 33 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 92%, putting them 6th in the league. The Blackhawks have a total of 29 points this season, which is 19th in the NHL. They have had 18 power play goals on 116 chances for a percentage of 16%. That is 29th overall. They've given up 100 power play opportunities and surrendered 16 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%, ranking 5th when short-handed.
Buffalo has a Corsi percentage of 49.4% as they've tried 1,541 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 1,579 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 19th in Corsi percentage. They are 19th in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 49.4% as they have 1,175 shots while they've given up 1,202 attempts on defense. The Sabres start possessions in the offensive zone 53.2% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.8% for the year. That puts them 8th and 22nd in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 872 face-off wins as opposed to 830 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 51.2%. That is 12th overall in the NHL. On defense Buffalo has 639 hits and they've blocked 377 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 25th in the league.
The Blackhawks are 2nd in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 57.3% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 42.7% for the season, which is 30th in the NHL. They have 868 face-off wins compared to 914 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 48.7%. That is 22nd in the league. On defense Chicago has 541 hits and they have blocked 393 shots from the opposition, which is 20th in the league. Chicago is 5th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 51.9% as they've attempted 1,786 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,658 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 50.2% ranks 13th as they have 1,273 attempts while they have given up 1,265 shots on the defensive end.
So what is Tonights Parlay prediction? Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take Buffalo +162 and over 5.5 total goals Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take Buffalo +162 and over 5.5 total goals
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.