Calgary Flames at Anaheim Ducks NHL Picks & Parlay 12/29/2017
Friday, December 29, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Calgary Flames head to Honda Center to take on the Anaheim Ducks on Friday, December 29, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Flames at +109 and the Ducks at -120.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Calgary has a record of 18-15-3 this year and away from home they have a record of 9-4-3-2. They are 5th in the Pacific Division. They've tallied 101 goals and surrendered 106 goals for a point differential of -5. For the year they have an ATS mark of 18-18-0 and an over/under record of 16-19-0. Anaheim has a record of 16-14-8, including 8-8-3-0 on home ice this year. They are 4th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 102 goals and have given up 112 for a goal differential of -10. Their record against the spread is 16-22-0 while their over/under mark is 13-24-0.
Valuable Calgary Flames Betting Trends
The Calgary Flames are 18-18-0 straight up this year
The Calgary Flames are 16-19-0 against the over/under this season
Important Anaheim Ducks Betting Trends
The Anaheim Ducks are 16-22-0 straight up this year
The Anaheim Ducks are 13-24-0 against the over/under this season
Key Calgary Flames Injuries
12/22/17 RW Jaromir Jagr Lower Body is "?" Thursday vs San Jose
12/22/17 D Travis Hamonic Lower Body IR (12/20)
12/01/17 RW Kris Versteeg Lower Body IR (11/24)
Key Anaheim Ducks Injuries
12/12/17 RW Corey Perry Leg IR (12/11)
12/01/17 LW Michael Liambas Upper Body IR (11/30)
10/22/17 RW Patrick Eaves Lower Body IR (10/14)
Player SpotlightMike Smith has 14 wins and 12 losses this season in goal for the Flames. He has 950 shots against him and he's surrendered 77 goals. He's made 873 stops for a save percentage of 92%. Sean Monahan has scored 32 total points this year for the Flames. He has 17 goals this season with 94 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 18%. He has a total of 15 assists on the year and averages 18.5 minutes played per contest. Johnny Gaudreau averages 19.1 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by tallying 13 goals on 107 attempts. He has 28 assists, giving him a total of 41 points on the year.
Brandon Montour has 19 total points this season for the Ducks. He has 6 goals this year with 78 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 13 assists on the year and averages 20.4 minutes played per contest. John Gibson has 11 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Ducks. He has 964 shots against him and he's given up 76 goals. He's made 888 saves for a save percentage of 92%. Rickard Rakell averages 19.7 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 11 goals on 97 attempts. He has 14 assists, giving him a total of 25 points on the year.
Useful Team StatisticsThe Flames have given up 116 power play opportunities and surrendered 26 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 78% this season. That is 26th in the league. They average 33 shots per contest and as a team shoot 8.52% for the year. They allow 31 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 91%, ranking them 19th in the NHL at stopping the puck. The Flames are 20th overall with 39 total points this year. They are 23rd in the league with 101 goals and 18th in goals allowed with 106. They've had 126 power play chances and scored 22 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 17%. That is 20th in the NHL.
Useful Team Statistics
As a team, the Ducks are 21st with a total of 102 goals scored while they are 12th with 112 goals surrendered this season. They average 29 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 9.18%. As a unit they give up 35 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 92%, putting them 5th in the league. The Ducks have a total of 40 points this season, which is 19th in the NHL. They have had 18 power play goals on 104 chances for a percentage of 17%. That is 21st overall. They've given up 140 power play opportunities and surrendered 24 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%, ranking 9th when short-handed.
Calgary is 2nd in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 52.7%, as they've attempted 2,302 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,068 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 51.8% as they have 1,700 attempts while they have given up 1,584 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 6th in the league. The Flames start possessions in the offensive zone 52.8% of the time, which is 9th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.2% for the season. That is 23rd overall in the NHL. They have 1,093 face-off wins compared to 1,108 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 49.7%. That ranks them 16th in the league. On defense Calgary has 605 hits and they have blocked 484 shots from the opposition, putting them 26th overall.
The Ducks are 28th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 45.9% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 54.1% for the season, which is 1st in the NHL. They have 1,182 face-off wins compared to 1,155 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 50.6%. That is 8th in the league. On defense Anaheim has 890 hits and they have blocked 576 shots from the opposition, which is 4th in the league. Anaheim is 30th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 46.3% as they've attempted 2,095 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,433 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 45.9% ranks 31st as they have 1,576 attempts while they have given up 1,857 shots on the defensive end.
So what is Tonights Parlay prediction? Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take Anaheim -120 and under 5.5 total goals
Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take Anaheim -120 and under 5.5 total goals
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.