Sunday, March 19, 2017
Wells Fargo Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Carolina Hurricanes head to Wells Fargo Center to take on the Philadelphia Flyers on Sunday, March 19, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Hurricanes at +122 and the Flyers at -135. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Carolina comes into this game having played 68 games. They have an overall record of 29-27-12 and away from home they have a record of 9-17-8. The currently are 7th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 175 goals and surrendered 197 goals for a point differential of -22. The Hurricanes have an overall record of 4-2-4 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 27-39 and an over/under record of 27-32-9. Philadelphia shows up with a record of 32-30-8 including 20-11-4 at home this season. They are 6th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 182 goals and surrendered 210 for a goal differential of -28. The Flyers have a record of 4-5-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 26-38 while their over/under record sits at 31-31-8.
Victor Rask has accumulated 41 total points this season for the Hurricanes. He has 16 goals this season with 157 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 25 assists on the season and averages 17.6 minutes played per game. Jeff Skinner has averaged 17.8 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 23 goals on 223 shots. He has 23 assists giving him a total of 46 points on the season. Cam Ward has 23 wins and 20 losses this season in net for the Hurricanes. He has had 1,489 shots against him and has given up 143 goals. He has made 1,346 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Claude Giroux has accumulated 51 total points this season for the Flyers. He has 14 goals this season with 174 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 37 assists on the season and averages 19.3 minutes played per game. Wayne Simmonds has averaged 19.2 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 29 goals on 190 shots. He has 18 assists giving him a total of 47 points on the season. Steve Mason has 20 wins and 20 losses this season in net for the Flyers. He has had 1,331 shots against him and has given up 126 goals. He has made 1,205 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Hurricanes have 70 total points this season. They have scored 175 goals while giving up 197 goals. They have had 195 power play opportunities and have scored 34 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Hurricanes have allowed 173 power play opportunities and given up 27 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.49% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Flyers have a total of 72 points on the season. They have 49 power play goals on 244 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 210 power play opportunities and have given up 43 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Hurricanes have a total of 182 goals scored while they've given up 210 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.32%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Carolina has a Corsi percentage of 52.4% as they've attempted 3,972 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,605 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 51.8% as they have 2,920 attempts while they've given up 2,712 shots on the defensive end. The Hurricanes start possessions in the offensive zone 57.1% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 42.9% for the season. They have 2,002 face off wins compared to 1,807 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 52.6%. On defense has 1,261 hits and they've blocked 893 shots from the opposition.
Philadelphia has attempted 4,279 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,899 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 52.3% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 52.8% as they have 3,118 shots while they've given up 2,783 attempts on defense. The Flyers have an offensive zone percentage of 55.3% and their defensive zone percentage is 44.7% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 51.7% as they've compiled 2,170 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,024 face off losses. On defense has blocked 1,116 shot attempts and they have 1,773 hits as a unit.
Carolina Hurricanes Betting Trends
The Carolina Hurricanes are 27-39 straight up
The Carolina Hurricanes are 27-32-9 against the over/under
Philadelphia Flyers Betting Trends
The Philadelphia Flyers are 26-38 straight up
The Philadelphia Flyers are 31-31-8 against the over/under
Carolina Hurricanes Injuries
11/11/16 LW Bryan Bickell Illness out indefinitely
03/18/17 LW Phillip Di Giuseppe Upper Body is upgraded to probable Saturday vs. Nashville
03/16/17 C Jay McClement Undisclosed expected to miss 2-3 weeks
03/13/17 RW Valentin Zykov Upper Body out indefinitely
03/13/17 LW Brock McGinn Upper Body out indefinitely
Philadelphia Flyers Injuries
03/18/17 D Brandon Manning Upper Body "?" Sunday vs. Carolina
03/18/17 C Nick Cousins Upper Body "?" Sunday vs. Carolina
03/01/17 LW Michael Raffl Lower Body out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Carolina +122
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.