Thursday, March 16, 2017
Canadian Tire Centre
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Chicago Blackhawks head to Canadian Tire Centre to take on the Ottawa Senators on Thursday, March 16, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Blackhawks at -120 and the Senators at +109. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Chicago comes into this game having played 69 games. They have an overall record of 43-20-5 and away from home they have a record of 21-11-1. The currently are 1st in the Central Division. They've scored 208 goals and surrendered 173 goals for a point differential of +35. The Blackhawks have an overall record of 8-2-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 41-25 and an over/under record of 32-26-11. Ottawa shows up with a record of 39-22-6 including 19-10-7 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 183 goals and surrendered 175 for a goal differential of +8. The Senators have a record of 7-2-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 35-29 while their over/under record sits at 27-39-2.
Patrick Kane has accumulated 73 total points this season for the Blackhawks. He has 30 goals this season with 249 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 43 assists on the season and averages 21.5 minutes played per game. Artem Anisimov has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 21% by scoring 22 goals on 105 shots. He has 22 assists giving him a total of 44 points on the season. Corey Crawford has 27 wins and 15 losses this season in net for the Blackhawks. He has had 1,398 shots against him and has given up 113 goals. He has made 1,285 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Erik Karlsson has accumulated 62 total points this season for the Senators. He has 13 goals this season with 181 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 49 assists on the season and averages 26.6 minutes played per game. Kyle Turris has averaged 19.3 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 22 goals on 140 shots. He has 22 assists giving him a total of 44 points on the season. Mike Condon has 18 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 975 shots against him and has given up 85 goals. He has made 890 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Blackhawks have 91 total points this season. They have scored 204 goals while giving up 171 goals. They have had 192 power play opportunities and have scored 36 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Blackhawks have allowed 175 power play opportunities and given up 39 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 78%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.89% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Senators have a total of 84 points on the season. They have 37 power play goals on 209 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 211 power play opportunities and have given up 38 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Blackhawks have a total of 182 goals scored while they've given up 173 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.05%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Chicago has a Corsi percentage of 50.3% as they've attempted 3,847 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,805 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 49.4% as they have 2,765 attempts while they've given up 2,829 shots on the defensive end. The Blackhawks start possessions in the offensive zone 53.1% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.9% for the season. They have 1,873 face off wins compared to 2,003 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48.3%. On defense has 964 hits and they've blocked 976 shots from the opposition.
Ottawa has attempted 3,711 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,010 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 48.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 48.8% as they have 2,751 shots while they've given up 2,888 attempts on defense. The Senators have an offensive zone percentage of 51.6% and their defensive zone percentage is 48.4% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.9% as they've compiled 2,098 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,024 face off losses. On defense has blocked 1,122 shot attempts and they have 1,725 hits as a unit.
Chicago Blackhawks Betting Trends
The Chicago Blackhawks are 41-25 straight up
The Chicago Blackhawks are 32-26-11 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 35-29 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 27-39-2 against the over/under
Chicago Blackhawks Injuries
03/14/17 C Artem Anisimov Leg left last game, "?" Thursday vs. Ottawa
Ottawa Senators Injuries
10/09/16 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out for season
03/14/17 GO Craig Anderson Lower Body "?" Thursday vs. Chicago
03/14/17 D Mark Borowiecki Lower Body out indefinitely
03/13/17 RW Mark Stone Lower Body out indefinitely
02/27/17 GO Andrew Hammond Hip out for season
Tony's Pick: Take Chicago -120
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.