Wednesday, February 1, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Colorado Avalanche travel to Staples Center to play the Los Angeles Kings on Wednesday, February 1, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Avalanche at +235 and the Kings at -265. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Colorado comes into this matchup having played 46 games. They have an overall record of 13-31-2 and on the road they have a record of 8-13-1. Currently they are 7th in the Central Division. They've scored 93 goals and given up 156 goals for a point differential of -63. The Avalanche have an overall record of 1-8-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 13-33 and an over/under record of 18-21-7. Los Angeles shows up with a record of 24-21-4 including 14-8-1 at home this season. They are 5th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 123 goals and surrendered 121 for a goal differential of +2. The Kings have a record of 5-5-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 23-25 while their over/under record sits at 15-25-9.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Matt Duchene has accumulated 29 total points this season for the Avalanche. He has 15 goals this season with 98 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 14 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Nathan MacKinnon has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 7% by scoring 11 goals on 156 shots. He has 22 assists giving him a total of 33 points on the season. Calvin Pickard has 7 wins and 13 losses this season in net for the Avalanche. He has had 679 shots against him and has given up 64 goals. He has made 615 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Alec Martinez has accumulated 27 total points this season for the Kings. He has 7 goals this season with 95 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 20 assists on the season and averages 22 minutes played per game. Jeff Carter has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 24 goals on 146 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 43 points on the season. Peter Budaj has 22 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Kings. He has had 1,017 shots against him and has given up 82 goals. He has made 935 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Avalanche have 28 total points this season. They have scored 93 goals while giving up 156 goals. They have had 146 power play opportunities and have scored 21 goals on those chances for a percentage of 14%. The Avalanche have allowed 173 power play opportunities and given up 37 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. They average 28 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.14% for the season to this point. They allow 32 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Kings have a total of 52 points on the season. They have 24 power play goals on 141 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 157 power play opportunities and have given up 27 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Avalanche have a total of 123 goals scored while they've given up 121 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.24%. As a team they give up 26 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Colorado has a Corsi percentage of 47% as they've attempted 2,362 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,663 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 46.8% as they have 1,768 attempts while they've given up 2,006 shots on the defensive end. The Avalanche start possessions in the offensive zone 48.2% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.8% for the season. They have 1,493 face off wins compared to 1,306 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 53.3%. On defense Colorado has 1,054 hits and they've blocked 657 shots from the opposition.
Los Angeles has attempted 2,918 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,461 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 54.2% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 54.4% as they have 2,145 shots while they've given up 1,800 attempts on defense. The Kings have an offensive zone percentage of 54.5% and their defensive zone percentage is 45.5% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.5% as they've compiled 1,486 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,454 face off losses. On defense Los Angeles has blocked 661 shot attempts and they have 1,466 hits as a unit.
Colorado Avalanche Betting Trends
The Colorado Avalanche are 13-33 straight up
The Colorado Avalanche are 18-21-7 against the over/under
Los Angeles Kings Betting Trends
The Los Angeles Kings are 23-25 straight up
The Los Angeles Kings are 15-25-9 against the over/under
Colorado Avalanche Injuries
12/04/16 D Erik Johnson Fibula expected to miss 6-8 weeks
01/31/17 RW Rene Bourque Lower Body is upgraded to probable Tuesday vs. Anaheim
01/31/17 D Tyson Barrie Lower Body is upgraded to probable Tuesday vs. Anaheim
01/26/17 GO Semyon Varlamov Hip out for season
Los Angeles Kings Injuries
12/27/16 C Tyler Toffoli Lower Body out indefinitely
10/13/16 GO Jonathan Quick Groin out 5 months
01/31/17 C Nic Dowd Lower Body is upgraded to probable Tuesday vs. Arizona
01/30/17 D Matt Greene Groin expected to miss 5-7 days
Tony's Pick: Take Los Angeles -265
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.