Colorado Avalanche at Washington Capitals NHL Picks & Parlay 12/12/2017
Tuesday, December 12, 2017
Capital One Arena
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Colorado Avalanche head to Capital One Arena to take on the Washington Capitals on Tuesday, December 12, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Avalanche at +116 and the Capitals at -128.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Colorado has a record of 13-13-2 this year and away from home they have a record of 5-8-1. They are 7th in the Central Division. They've tallied 90 goals and surrendered 94 goals for a point differential of -4. For the year they have an ATS mark of 13-15-0 and an over/under record of 18-10-0. Washington has a record of 18-11-1, including 12-5-0 on home ice this year. They are 2nd in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 94 goals and have given up 88 for a goal differential of +6. Their record against the spread is 18-12-0 while their over/under mark is 17-13-0.
Valuable Colorado Avalanche Betting Trends
The Colorado Avalanche are 13-15-0 straight up this year
The Colorado Avalanche are 18-10-0 against the over/under this season
Important Washington Capitals Betting Trends
The Washington Capitals are 18-12-0 straight up this year
The Washington Capitals are 17-13-0 against the over/under this season
Key Colorado Avalanche Injuries
11/19/17 C Vladislav Kamenev Arm IR (11/16)
Key Washington Capitals Injuries
12/10/17 RW T.J. Oshie Upper Body is downgraded to OUT Monday vs NY Islanders
Semyon Varlamov has 9 wins and 7 losses this season in goal for the Avalanche. He has 580 shots against him and he's surrendered 55 goals. He's made 525 stops for a save percentage of 91%. Mikko Rantanen has scored 24 total points this year for the Avalanche. He has 9 goals this season with 60 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 15 assists on the year and averages 18.7 minutes played per contest. Nathan MacKinnon averages 19.7 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by tallying 11 goals on 84 attempts. He has 22 assists, giving him a total of 33 points on the year.
Alex Ovechkin has 33 total points this season for the Capitals. He has 21 goals this year with 140 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 12 assists on the year and averages 19.1 minutes played per contest. Braden Holtby has 16 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Capitals. He has 696 shots against him and he's given up 55 goals. He's made 641 saves for a save percentage of 92%. Nicklas Backstrom averages 19.6 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 5 goals on 50 attempts. He has 20 assists, giving him a total of 25 points on the year.
Useful Team Statistics
The Avalanche have given up 111 power play opportunities and surrendered 22 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80% this season. That is 18th in the league. They average 30 shots per contest and as a team shoot 10.88% for the year. They allow 32 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 90%, ranking them 27th in the NHL at stopping the puck. The Avalanche are 25th overall with 28 total points this year. They are 13th in the league with 90 goals and 11th in goals allowed with 94. They've had 116 power play chances and scored 22 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 19%. That is 18th in the NHL.
Useful Team Statistics
As a team, the Capitals are 10th with a total of 94 goals scored while they are 18th with 88 goals surrendered this season. They average 29 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 10.74%. As a unit they give up 32 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 91%, putting them 15th in the league. The Capitals have a total of 37 points this season, which is 9th in the NHL. They have had 21 power play goals on 99 chances for a percentage of 21%. That is 7th overall. They've given up 107 power play opportunities and surrendered 22 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%, ranking 20th when short-handed.
Colorado is 25th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 47.5%, as they've attempted 1,517 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,674 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 47.2% as they have 1,124 attempts while they have given up 1,256 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 26th in the league. The Avalanche start possessions in the offensive zone 49.3% of the time, which is 20th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.7% for the season. That is 8th overall in the NHL. They have 758 face-off wins compared to 980 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 43.6%. That ranks them 31st in the league. On defense Colorado has 506 hits and they have blocked 418 shots from the opposition, putting them 23rd overall.
The Capitals start possessions in the offensive zone 48.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.1% for the year. That ranks them 23rd and 12th respectively in the NHL. They have 953 face-off wins as opposed to 871 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 52.2%. That is 8th in the league. On defense Washington has 655 hits and they've blocked 434 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 16th in blocked shots. Washington is ranked 27th in Corsi percentage with 47.7% as they've tried 1,636 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 1,794 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 30th in the NHL at 47.1%, as they have 1,211 shots while they've given up 1,360 attempts on defense.
So what is Tonights Parlay prediction? Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take Colorado +116 and over 5.5 total goals Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take Colorado +116 and over 5.5 total goals
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.