Friday, March 3, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Detroit Red Wings travel to Scotiabank Saddledome to play the Calgary Flames on Friday, March 3, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Red Wings at +131 and the Flames at -145. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Detroit comes into this matchup having played 61 games. They have an overall record of 25-26-10 and on the road they have a record of 13-12-5. Currently they are 8th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 153 goals and given up 180 goals for a point differential of -27. The Red Wings have an overall record of 4-5-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 18-36 and an over/under record of 27-27-7. Calgary shows up with a record of 34-26-4 including 16-14-0 at home this season. They are 4th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 171 goals and surrendered 178 for a goal differential of -7. The Flames have a record of 7-2-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 31-30 while their over/under record sits at 26-32-6.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Henrik Zetterberg has accumulated 48 total points this season for the Red Wings. He has 14 goals this season with 139 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 34 assists on the season and averages 19.5 minutes played per game. Thomas Vanek has averaged 14.6 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 15 goals on 99 shots. He has 23 assists giving him a total of 38 points on the season. Petr Mrazek has 15 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Red Wings. He has had 1,077 shots against him and has given up 105 goals. He has made 972 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
Johnny Gaudreau has accumulated 43 total points this season for the Flames. He has 13 goals this season with 145 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 30 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Mikael Backlund has averaged 17.3 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 19 goals on 153 shots. He has 26 assists giving him a total of 45 points on the season. Chad Johnson has 18 wins and 13 losses this season in net for the Flames. He has had 920 shots against him and has given up 80 goals. He has made 840 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Red Wings have 60 total points this season. They have scored 153 goals while giving up 180 goals. They have had 199 power play opportunities and have scored 26 goals on those chances for a percentage of 13%. The Red Wings have allowed 182 power play opportunities and given up 34 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 28 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.89% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Flames have a total of 72 points on the season. They have 40 power play goals on 205 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 225 power play opportunities and have given up 45 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Red Wings have a total of 171 goals scored while they've given up 178 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.08%. As a team they give up 28 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Detroit has a Corsi percentage of 48.5% as they've attempted 3,176 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,378 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 48.2% as they have 2,414 attempts while they've given up 2,594 shots on the defensive end. The Red Wings start possessions in the offensive zone 52% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48% for the season. They have 1,911 face off wins compared to 1,731 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 52.5%. On defense has 1,201 hits and they've blocked 784 shots from the opposition.
Calgary has attempted 3,511 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,433 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.6% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.3% as they have 2,598 shots while they've given up 2,566 attempts on defense. The Flames have an offensive zone percentage of 49.3% and their defensive zone percentage is 50.7% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.4% as they've compiled 1,927 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,973 face off losses. On defense has blocked 867 shot attempts and they have 1,241 hits as a unit.
Detroit Red Wings Betting Trends
The Detroit Red Wings are 18-36 straight up
The Detroit Red Wings are 27-27-7 against the over/under
Calgary Flames Betting Trends
The Calgary Flames are 31-30 straight up
The Calgary Flames are 26-32-6 against the over/under
Detroit Red Wings Injuries
10/27/16 C Joe Vitale Concussion out indefinitely
10/15/15 C Johan Franzen Concussion out indefinitely
02/15/17 RW Gustav Nyquist Suspension expected to miss 6 games, eligible to return March 4 vs. Edmonton.
02/10/17 D Jonathan Ericsson Wrist out for season
01/03/17 GO Jimmy Howard Knee out indefinitely
Calgary Flames Injuries
10/09/16 D Ladislav Smid Neck out for season
03/01/17 RW Curtis Lazar Upper Body "?" Thursday vs. Colorado
Josh's Pick: Take Calgary -145
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.