Wednesday, February 22, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Edmonton Oilers travel to BB&T Center to play the Florida Panthers on Wednesday, February 22, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Oilers at +122 and the Panthers at -135. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Edmonton comes into this matchup having played 59 games. They have an overall record of 32-19-8 and on the road they have a record of 17-9-5. Currently they are 2nd in the Pacific Division. They've scored 171 goals and given up 152 goals for a point differential of +19. The Oilers have an overall record of 6-4-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 28-27 and an over/under record of 22-33-4. Florida shows up with a record of 28-20-10 including 14-10-3 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 149 goals and surrendered 162 for a goal differential of -13. The Panthers have a record of 8-1-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 25-30 while their over/under record sits at 24-25-9.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Leon Draisaitl has accumulated 52 total points this season for the Oilers. He has 22 goals this season with 131 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 17%. He has a total of 30 assists on the season and averages 18.7 minutes played per game. Connor McDavid has averaged 21.1 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 20 goals on 173 shots. He has 47 assists giving him a total of 67 points on the season. Cam Talbot has 30 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Oilers. He has had 1,559 shots against him and has given up 123 goals. He has made 1,436 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Vincent Trocheck has accumulated 42 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 21 goals this season with 165 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 21.4 minutes played per game. Jaromir Jagr has averaged 17.1 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 11 goals on 121 shots. He has 23 assists giving him a total of 34 points on the season. Roberto Luongo has 16 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has had 1,151 shots against him and has given up 98 goals. He has made 1,053 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Oilers have 72 total points this season. They have scored 171 goals while giving up 152 goals. They have had 178 power play opportunities and have scored 37 goals on those chances for a percentage of 21%. The Oilers have allowed 170 power play opportunities and given up 31 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.32% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Panthers have a total of 66 points on the season. They have 29 power play goals on 194 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 15%. They have allowed 182 power play opportunities and have given up 27 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. As a team, the Oilers have a total of 149 goals scored while they've given up 162 goals to this point. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.12%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Edmonton has a Corsi percentage of 50.7% as they've attempted 3,395 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,302 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 51.1% as they have 2,524 attempts while they've given up 2,417 shots on the defensive end. The Oilers start possessions in the offensive zone 51.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48.6% for the season. They have 1,683 face off wins compared to 1,883 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 47.2%. On defense Edmonton has 1,469 hits and they've blocked 885 shots from the opposition.
Florida has attempted 3,297 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,084 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.7% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51.2% as they have 2,528 shots while they've given up 2,414 attempts on defense. The Panthers have an offensive zone percentage of 52.7% and their defensive zone percentage is 47.3% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 47.9% as they've compiled 1,710 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,860 face off losses. On defense Florida has blocked 670 shot attempts and they have 1,215 hits as a unit.
Edmonton Oilers Betting Trends
The Edmonton Oilers are 28-27 straight up
The Edmonton Oilers are 22-33-4 against the over/under
Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 25-30 straight up
The Florida Panthers are 24-25-9 against the over/under
Edmonton Oilers Injuries
12/26/16 RW Tyler Pitlick Knee expected to miss 4 months
12/03/16 D Darnell Nurse Ankle out 3 months
10/21/16 D Andrew Ference Hip out for season
02/21/17 C Jujhar Khaira Wrist is upgraded to probable Tuesday vs. Tampa Bay
02/20/17 D Kris Russell Groin is upgraded to probable Tuesday vs. Tampa Bay
02/18/17 LW Benoit Pouliot Undisclosed out indefinitely
Florida Panthers Injuries
No key injuries to report
Guy's Pick: Take Florida -135
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.