Thursday, January 26, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Edmonton Oilers travel to SAP Center to play the San Jose Sharks on Thursday, January 26, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Oilers at +127 and the Sharks at -140. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Edmonton comes into this matchup having played 49 games. They have an overall record of 26-15-8 and on the road they have a record of 13-7-5. Currently they are 3rd in the Pacific Division. They've scored 144 goals and given up 131 goals for a point differential of +13. The Oilers have an overall record of 7-2-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 23-23 and an over/under record of 18-27-4. San Jose shows up with a record of 31-16-2 including 17-6-1 at home this season. They are 1st in the Pacific Division. They've scored 134 goals and surrendered 112 for a goal differential of +22. The Sharks have a record of 8-2-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 29-18 while their over/under record sits at 12-22-15.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Connor McDavid has accumulated 56 total points this season for the Oilers. He has 16 goals this season with 147 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 40 assists on the season and averages 21 minutes played per game. Leon Draisaitl has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 17 goals on 106 shots. He has 25 assists giving him a total of 42 points on the season. Cam Talbot has 24 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Oilers. He has had 1,289 shots against him and has given up 104 goals. He has made 1,185 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Joe Pavelski has accumulated 42 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 16 goals this season with 158 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 26 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Brent Burns has averaged 25 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 21 goals on 189 shots. He has 30 assists giving him a total of 51 points on the season. Martin Jones has 25 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 1,085 shots against him and has given up 90 goals. He has made 995 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Oilers have 60 total points this season. They have scored 144 goals while giving up 131 goals. They have had 153 power play opportunities and have scored 32 goals on those chances for a percentage of 21%. The Oilers have allowed 145 power play opportunities and given up 27 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 32 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.30% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Sharks have a total of 64 points on the season. They have 26 power play goals on 153 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 127 power play opportunities and have given up 22 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Oilers have a total of 134 goals scored while they've given up 112 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.13%. As a team they give up 27 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Edmonton has a Corsi percentage of 51.3% as they've attempted 2,846 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,705 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 51.5% as they have 2,121 attempts while they've given up 1,997 shots on the defensive end. The Oilers start possessions in the offensive zone 51.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48.5% for the season. They have 1,413 face off wins compared to 1,560 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 47.5%. On defense Edmonton has 1,193 hits and they've blocked 708 shots from the opposition.
San Jose has attempted 2,844 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,725 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 52% as they have 2,092 shots while they've given up 1,934 attempts on defense. The Sharks have an offensive zone percentage of 52.2% and their defensive zone percentage is 47.8% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48% as they've compiled 1,375 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,490 face off losses. On defense San Jose has blocked 791 shot attempts and they have 953 hits as a unit.
Edmonton Oilers Betting Trends
The Edmonton Oilers are 23-23 straight up
The Edmonton Oilers are 18-27-4 against the over/under
San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 29-18 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 12-22-15 against the over/under
Edmonton Oilers Injuries
12/26/16 RW Tyler Pitlick Knee expected to miss 4 months
12/03/16 D Darnell Nurse Ankle out 3 months
10/21/16 D Andrew Ference Hip out indefinitely
10/09/16 RW Iiro Pakarinen Knee out indefinitely
01/21/17 C Jujhar Khaira Wrist "?" Wednesday vs Anaheim
San Jose Sharks Injuries
11/21/16 C Tomas Hertl Knee out indefinitely
01/24/17 RW Joonas Donskoi Undisclosed "?" Thursday vs Edmonton
01/23/17 C Micheal Haley Upper Body out indefinitely
01/13/17 D Dylan Demelo Wrist out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take San Jose -140
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.