Thursday, March 30, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Florida Panthers travel to Bell Centre to play the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday, March 30, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Panthers at +149 and the Canadiens at -165. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Florida comes into this matchup having played 76 games. They have an overall record of 33-32-11 and on the road they have a record of 15-15-8. Currently they are 6th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 197 goals and given up 216 goals for a point differential of -19. The Panthers have an overall record of 4-6-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 28-43 and an over/under record of 33-33-10. Montreal shows up with a record of 43-24-9 including 23-11-5 at home this season. They are 1st in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 208 goals and surrendered 188 for a goal differential of +20. The Canadiens have a record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 40-33 while their over/under record sits at 27-34-15.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Valuable Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 28-43 straight up
The Florida Panthers are 33-33-10 against the over/under
Important Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
The Montreal Canadiens are 40-33 straight up
The Montreal Canadiens are 27-34-15 against the over/under
Key Florida Panthers Injuries
03/25/17 D Aaron Ekblad Neck out indefinitely
03/03/17 GO Roberto Luongo Hip out indefinitely
Key Montreal Canadiens Injuries
03/28/17 GO Al Montoya Lower Body "?" Thursday vs. Florida
03/25/17 C Brian Flynn Upper Body out indefinitely
Jaromir Jagr has accumulated 42 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 15 goals this season with 161 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 27 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Vincent Trocheck has averaged 20.9 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 22 goals on 215 shots. He has 30 assists giving him a total of 52 points on the season. James Reimer has 16 wins and 15 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has had 1,117 shots against him and has given up 93 goals. He has made 1,024 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Alexander Radulov has accumulated 49 total points this season for the Canadiens. He has 16 goals this season with 137 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 33 assists on the season and averages 18.3 minutes played per game. Max Pacioretty has averaged 19.2 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 34 goals on 253 shots. He has 29 assists giving him a total of 63 points on the season. Carey Price has 35 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Canadiens. He has had 1,689 shots against him and has given up 129 goals. He has made 1,560 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Panthers have 77 total points this season. They have scored 197 goals while giving up 216 goals. They have had 249 power play opportunities and have scored 42 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Panthers have allowed 230 power play opportunities and given up 33 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 86%. They average 32 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.99% for the season to this point. They allow 32 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Canadiens have a total of 95 points on the season. They have 44 power play goals on 219 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 240 power play opportunities and have given up 47 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Panthers have a total of 208 goals scored while they've given up 188 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.17%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Florida has a Corsi percentage of 51.9% as they've attempted 4,351 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,035 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 51.4% as they have 3,363 attempts while they've given up 3,176 shots on the defensive end. The Panthers start possessions in the offensive zone 52.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.2% for the season. They have 2,223 face off wins compared to 2,430 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 47.8%. On defense Florida has 1,574 hits and they've blocked 859 shots from the opposition.
Montreal has attempted 4,378 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,197 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51.1% as they have 3,175 shots while they've given up 3,043 attempts on defense. The Canadiens have an offensive zone percentage of 48.5% and their defensive zone percentage is 51.5% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50% as they've compiled 2,332 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,336 face off losses. On defense Montreal has blocked 1,154 shot attempts and they have 1,727 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Panthers/Canadiens NHL game against the spread? Tony's Pick: Take Florida +149 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Tony's Pick: Take Florida +149
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.