Monday, January 9, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Florida Panthers travel to Prudential Center to play the New Jersey Devils on Monday, January 9, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Panthers at -109 and the Devils at -114. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Florida comes into this matchup having played 41 games. They have an overall record of 17-16-8 and on the road they have a record of 7-8-5. Currently they are 7th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 95 goals and given up 113 goals for a point differential of -18. The Panthers have an overall record of 4-3-3 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 14-24 and an over/under record of 16-19-6. New Jersey shows up with a record of 16-17-8 including 10-5-3 at home this season. They are 8th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 95 goals and surrendered 121 for a goal differential of -26. The Devils have a record of 4-5-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 13-25 while their over/under record sits at 15-15-11.
Jaromir Jagr has accumulated 25 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 7 goals this season with 96 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 18 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Aleksander Barkov has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 9 goals on 88 shots. He has 18 assists giving him a total of 27 points on the season. Roberto Luongo has 11 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has had 798 shots against him and has given up 65 goals. He has made 733 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Taylor Hall has accumulated 25 total points this season for the Devils. He has 9 goals this season with 99 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 16 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Travis Zajac has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 8 goals on 77 shots. He has 17 assists giving him a total of 25 points on the season. Cory Schneider has 12 wins and 13 losses this season in net for the Devils. He has had 919 shots against him and has given up 85 goals. He has made 834 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Panthers have 42 total points this season. They have scored 95 goals while giving up 113 goals. They have had 141 power play opportunities and have scored 21 goals on those chances for a percentage of 15%. The Panthers have allowed 132 power play opportunities and given up 20 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. They average 32 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.24% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Devils have a total of 40 points on the season. They have 18 power play goals on 141 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 13%. They have allowed 124 power play opportunities and have given up 22 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Panthers have a total of 95 goals scored while they've given up 121 goals to this point. They average 27 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.45%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Florida has a Corsi percentage of 52.6% as they've attempted 2,398 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,157 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 52.1% as they have 1,839 attempts while they've given up 1,694 shots on the defensive end. The Panthers start possessions in the offensive zone 53.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.7% for the season. They have 1,220 face off wins compared to 1,307 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48.3%. On defense Florida has 863 hits and they've blocked 463 shots from the opposition.
New Jersey has attempted 1,994 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,287 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 46.6% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 46.5% as they have 1,532 shots while they've given up 1,762 attempts on defense. The Devils have an offensive zone percentage of 47.7% and their defensive zone percentage is 52.3% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.5% as they've compiled 1,251 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,225 face off losses. On defense New Jersey has blocked 525 shot attempts and they have 835 hits as a unit.
Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 14-24 straight up
The Florida Panthers are 16-19-6 against the over/under
New Jersey Devils Betting Trends
The New Jersey Devils are 13-25 straight up
The New Jersey Devils are 15-15-11 against the over/under
Florida Panthers Injuries
12/30/16 C Aleksander Barkov Lower Body expected to miss 2-3 weeks
11/21/16 D Alex Petrovic Lower Body out indefinitely
10/10/16 LW Jonathan Huberdeau Achilles expected to miss 3-4 months
01/08/17 F Greg McKegg Upper Body injured last game, "?" Monday vs. New Jersey
01/08/17 C Nick Bjugstad Groin out indefinitely
01/07/17 GO Roberto Luongo Upper Body "?" Monday vs New Jersey
01/05/17 C Seth Griffith Concussion expected to miss 7-10 days
New Jersey Devils Injuries
12/28/16 LW Vernon Fiddler Lower Body expected to miss 3-4 weeks
01/07/17 D Andy Greene Wrist "?" Monday vs Florida
01/07/17 C Jacob Josefson Illness out indefinitely
01/07/17 D Yohann Auvitu Lower Body injured last game, "?" Monday vs Florida
01/02/17 D John Moore Concussion out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take New Jersey -114
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.