Monday, February 20, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Florida Panthers travel to Scottrade Center to play the St. Louis Blues on Monday, February 20, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Panthers at +123 and the Blues at -143. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Florida comes into this matchup having played 57 games. They have an overall record of 27-20-10 and on the road they have a record of 13-10-7. Currently they are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 147 goals and given up 161 goals for a point differential of -14. The Panthers have an overall record of 7-2-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 24-30 and an over/under record of 24-24-9. St. Louis shows up with a record of 31-23-5 including 18-9-4 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Central Division. They've scored 169 goals and surrendered 171 for a goal differential of -2. The Blues have a record of 7-3-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 30-28 while their over/under record sits at 27-23-9.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Vincent Trocheck has accumulated 41 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 20 goals this season with 161 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 21 minutes played per game. Jaromir Jagr has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 11 goals on 119 shots. He has 23 assists giving him a total of 34 points on the season. Roberto Luongo has 16 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has had 1,151 shots against him and has given up 98 goals. He has made 1,053 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Kevin Shattenkirk has accumulated 42 total points this season for the Blues. He has 11 goals this season with 112 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 31 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Vladimir Tarasenko has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 28 goals on 188 shots. He has 28 assists giving him a total of 56 points on the season. Jake Allen has 22 wins and 15 losses this season in net for the Blues. He has had 1,075 shots against him and has given up 105 goals. He has made 970 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
The Panthers have 64 total points this season. They have scored 147 goals while giving up 161 goals. They have had 193 power play opportunities and have scored 29 goals on those chances for a percentage of 15%. The Panthers have allowed 180 power play opportunities and given up 27 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. They average 32 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.16% for the season to this point. They allow 32 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Blues have a total of 67 points on the season. They have 38 power play goals on 176 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 22%. They have allowed 201 power play opportunities and have given up 31 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. As a team, the Panthers have a total of 169 goals scored while they've given up 171 goals to this point. They average 28 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.34%. As a team they give up 28 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Florida has a Corsi percentage of 51.6% as they've attempted 3,245 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,040 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 51.1% as they have 2,487 attempts while they've given up 2,380 shots on the defensive end. The Panthers start possessions in the offensive zone 52.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.4% for the season. They have 1,682 face off wins compared to 1,827 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 47.9%. On defense Florida has 1,200 hits and they've blocked 660 shots from the opposition.
St. Louis has attempted 3,058 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,074 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 49.9% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.4% as they have 2,295 shots while they've given up 2,260 attempts on defense. The Blues have an offensive zone percentage of 49.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 50.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.2% as they've compiled 1,752 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,736 face off losses. On defense St. Louis has blocked 814 shot attempts and they have 1,245 hits as a unit.
Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 24-30 straight up
The Florida Panthers are 24-24-9 against the over/under
St. Louis Blues Betting Trends
The St. Louis Blues are 30-28 straight up
The St. Louis Blues are 27-23-9 against the over/under
Florida Panthers Injuries
No key injuries to report
St. Louis Blues Injuries
02/14/17 C Paul Stastny Leg out indefinitely
02/05/17 C Robby Fabbri Knee out for season
Tony's Pick: Take St. Louis -143
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.