Tuesday, January 31, 2017
Gila River Arena
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Los Angeles Kings head to Gila River Arena to take on the Arizona Coyotes on Tuesday, January 31, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Kings at -140 and the Coyotes at +130. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Los Angeles comes into this game having played 49 games. They have an overall record of 24-21-4 and away from home they have a record of 10-13-3. The currently are 5th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 123 goals and surrendered 121 goals for a point differential of +2. The Kings have an overall record of 5-5-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 23-25 and an over/under record of 15-25-9. Arizona shows up with a record of 16-26-6 including 11-11-2 at home this season. They are 7th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 108 goals and surrendered 152 for a goal differential of -44. The Coyotes have a record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 12-32 while their over/under record sits at 16-27-5.
Alec Martinez has accumulated 27 total points this season for the Kings. He has 7 goals this season with 95 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 20 assists on the season and averages 22 minutes played per game. Jeff Carter has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 24 goals on 146 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 43 points on the season. Peter Budaj has 22 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Kings. He has had 1,017 shots against him and has given up 82 goals. He has made 935 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Oliver Ekman-Larsson has accumulated 26 total points this season for the Coyotes. He has 9 goals this season with 93 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 17 assists on the season and averages 24 minutes played per game. Radim Vrbata has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 7% by scoring 11 goals on 147 shots. He has 23 assists giving him a total of 34 points on the season. Mike Smith has 11 wins and 13 losses this season in net for the Coyotes. He has had 988 shots against him and has given up 82 goals. He has made 906 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Kings have 52 total points this season. They have scored 123 goals while giving up 121 goals. They have had 141 power play opportunities and have scored 24 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Kings have allowed 157 power play opportunities and given up 27 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.24% for the season to this point. They allow 26 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Coyotes have a total of 38 points on the season. They have 22 power play goals on 144 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 15%. They have allowed 159 power play opportunities and have given up 36 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 77%. As a team, the Kings have a total of 108 goals scored while they've given up 152 goals to this point. They average 28 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.95%. As a team they give up 33 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Los Angeles has a Corsi percentage of 54.2% as they've attempted 2,918 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,461 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 54.4% as they have 2,145 attempts while they've given up 1,800 shots on the defensive end. The Kings start possessions in the offensive zone 54.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 45.5% for the season. They have 1,486 face off wins compared to 1,454 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.5%. On defense Los Angeles has 1,466 hits and they've blocked 661 shots from the opposition.
Arizona has attempted 2,599 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,011 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 46.3% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 45.7% as they have 1,932 shots while they've given up 2,291 attempts on defense. The Coyotes have an offensive zone percentage of 46.4% and their defensive zone percentage is 53.6% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48.3% as they've compiled 1,424 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,524 face off losses. On defense Arizona has blocked 720 shot attempts and they have 1,303 hits as a unit.
Los Angeles Kings Betting Trends
The Los Angeles Kings are 23-25 straight up
The Los Angeles Kings are 15-25-9 against the over/under
Arizona Coyotes Betting Trends
The Arizona Coyotes are 12-32 straight up
The Arizona Coyotes are 16-27-5 against the over/under
Los Angeles Kings Injuries
12/27/16 C Tyler Toffoli Lower Body out indefinitely
10/13/16 GO Jonathan Quick Groin out 5 months
01/26/17 D Matt Greene Groin "?" Tuesday vs Arizona
01/26/17 C Nic Dowd Lower Body "?" Tuesday vs Arizona
Arizona Coyotes Injuries
12/10/16 LW Max Domi Hand out indefinitely
11/18/16 RW Brad Richardson Tibia out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Los Angeles -140
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.