Thursday, February 9, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Los Angeles Kings travel to BB&T Center to play the Florida Panthers on Thursday, February 9, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Kings at -105 and the Panthers at -105. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Los Angeles comes into this matchup having played 54 games. They have an overall record of 27-23-4 and on the road they have a record of 12-15-3. Currently they are 5th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 132 goals and given up 133 goals for a point differential of -1. The Kings have an overall record of 5-5-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 26-27 and an over/under record of 15-26-13. Florida shows up with a record of 23-19-10 including 14-9-3 at home this season. They are 5th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 124 goals and surrendered 143 for a goal differential of -19. The Panthers have a record of 5-3-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 20-29 while their over/under record sits at 21-24-7.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Anze Kopitar has accumulated 32 total points this season for the Kings. He has 6 goals this season with 100 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 6%. He has a total of 26 assists on the season and averages 21 minutes played per game. Jeff Carter has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 27 goals on 168 shots. He has 20 assists giving him a total of 47 points on the season. Peter Budaj has 25 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Kings. He has had 1,124 shots against him and has given up 93 goals. He has made 1,031 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Jaromir Jagr has accumulated 29 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 9 goals this season with 112 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 20 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Vincent Trocheck has averaged 22 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 18 goals on 147 shots. He has 16 assists giving him a total of 34 points on the season. Roberto Luongo has 14 wins and 13 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has had 1,040 shots against him and has given up 84 goals. He has made 956 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Kings have 58 total points this season. They have scored 132 goals while giving up 133 goals. They have had 155 power play opportunities and have scored 26 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Kings have allowed 168 power play opportunities and given up 27 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.92% for the season to this point. They allow 25 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Panthers have a total of 56 points on the season. They have 26 power play goals on 176 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 15%. They have allowed 164 power play opportunities and have given up 25 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. As a team, the Kings have a total of 124 goals scored while they've given up 143 goals to this point. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.52%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Los Angeles has a Corsi percentage of 54.7% as they've attempted 3,259 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,701 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 54.9% as they have 2,392 attempts while they've given up 1,965 shots on the defensive end. The Kings start possessions in the offensive zone 55.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 44.4% for the season. They have 1,634 face off wins compared to 1,591 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.7%. On defense Los Angeles has 1,613 hits and they've blocked 736 shots from the opposition.
Florida has attempted 2,980 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,758 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.9% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51.4% as they have 2,279 shots while they've given up 2,155 attempts on defense. The Panthers have an offensive zone percentage of 53.1% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.9% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48% as they've compiled 1,534 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,660 face off losses. On defense Florida has blocked 603 shot attempts and they have 1,091 hits as a unit.
Los Angeles Kings Betting Trends
The Los Angeles Kings are 26-27 straight up
The Los Angeles Kings are 15-26-13 against the over/under
Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 20-29 straight up
The Florida Panthers are 21-24-7 against the over/under
Los Angeles Kings Injuries
10/13/16 GO Jonathan Quick Groin out 5 months
02/07/17 C Jordan Nolan Leg out indefinitely
01/30/17 D Matt Greene Groin out indefinitely
Florida Panthers Injuries
No key injuries to report
Guy's Pick: Take Florida -105
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.