Thursday, January 5, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Minnesota Wild travel to SAP Center to play the San Jose Sharks on Thursday, January 5, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Wild at +122 and the Sharks at -135. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Minnesota comes into this matchup having played 36 games. They have an overall record of 23-9-4 and on the road they have a record of 10-5-4. Currently they are 2nd in the Central Division. They've scored 113 goals and given up 76 goals for a point differential of +37. The Wild have an overall record of 9-1-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 22-13 and an over/under record of 13-16-7. San Jose shows up with a record of 23-13-2 including 13-4-1 at home this season. They are 1st in the Pacific Division. They've scored 95 goals and surrendered 82 for a goal differential of +13. The Sharks have a record of 7-2-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 21-15 while their over/under record sits at 6-20-12.
Ryan Suter has accumulated 21 total points this season for the Wild. He has 5 goals this season with 72 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 16 assists on the season and averages 27 minutes played per game. Eric Staal has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 11 goals on 94 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 30 points on the season. Devan Dubnyk has 19 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Wild. He has had 867 shots against him and has given up 51 goals. He has made 816 saves for a save percentage of 94%.
Joe Pavelski has accumulated 34 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 12 goals this season with 126 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Brent Burns has averaged 25 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 15 goals on 152 shots. He has 20 assists giving him a total of 35 points on the season. Martin Jones has 19 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 850 shots against him and has given up 68 goals. He has made 782 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Wild have 50 total points this season. They have scored 113 goals while giving up 76 goals. They have had 100 power play opportunities and have scored 18 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Wild have allowed 106 power play opportunities and given up 15 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 86%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 10.60% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 93%.
The Sharks have a total of 48 points on the season. They have 21 power play goals on 125 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 102 power play opportunities and have given up 17 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Wild have a total of 95 goals scored while they've given up 82 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.22%. As a team they give up 27 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Minnesota has a Corsi percentage of 48.8% as they've attempted 1,972 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,071 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 49.1% as they have 1,473 attempts while they've given up 1,525 shots on the defensive end. The Wild start possessions in the offensive zone 50% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50% for the season. They have 1,156 face off wins compared to 1,062 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 52.1%. On defense Minnesota has 598 hits and they've blocked 546 shots from the opposition.
San Jose has attempted 2,242 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,089 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.8% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 52.6% as they have 1,646 shots while they've given up 1,485 attempts on defense. The Sharks have an offensive zone percentage of 53.3% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.7% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 47.9% as they've compiled 1,078 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,173 face off losses. On defense San Jose has blocked 604 shot attempts and they have 770 hits as a unit.
Minnesota Wild Betting Trends
The Minnesota Wild are 22-13 straight up
The Minnesota Wild are 13-16-7 against the over/under
San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 21-15 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 6-20-12 against the over/under
Minnesota Wild Injuries
10/10/16 D Victor Bartley Tricep out indefinitely
San Jose Sharks Injuries
11/21/16 C Tomas Hertl Knee out indefinitely
01/03/17 D David Schlemko Upper Body "?" Thursday vs Minnesota
01/03/17 D Marc-Edouard Vlasic Facial out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take San Jose -135
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.