Monday, January 16, 2017
Joe Louis Arena
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Montreal Canadiens travel to Joe Louis Arena to play the Detroit Red Wings on Monday, January 16, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Canadiens at -135 and the Red Wings at +122. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Montreal comes into this matchup having played 44 games. They have an overall record of 27-11-6 and on the road they have a record of 11-7-4. Currently they are 1st in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 138 goals and given up 112 goals for a point differential of +26. The Canadiens have an overall record of 6-2-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 26-17 and an over/under record of 20-16-8. Detroit shows up with a record of 18-19-6 including 8-10-3 at home this season. They are 7th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 111 goals and surrendered 127 for a goal differential of -16. The Red Wings have a record of 4-4-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 13-25 while their over/under record sits at 20-17-6.
Alexander Radulov has accumulated 32 total points this season for the Canadiens. He has 10 goals this season with 90 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Max Pacioretty has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 20 goals on 137 shots. He has 17 assists giving him a total of 37 points on the season. Carey Price has 21 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Canadiens. He has had 936 shots against him and has given up 74 goals. He has made 862 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Frans Nielsen has accumulated 24 total points this season for the Red Wings. He has 9 goals this season with 88 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 15 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Henrik Zetterberg has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 9 goals on 93 shots. He has 22 assists giving him a total of 31 points on the season. Petr Mrazek has 9 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Red Wings. He has had 674 shots against him and has given up 72 goals. He has made 602 saves for a save percentage of 89%.
The Canadiens have 60 total points this season. They have scored 138 goals while giving up 112 goals. They have had 138 power play opportunities and have scored 30 goals on those chances for a percentage of 22%. The Canadiens have allowed 157 power play opportunities and given up 34 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 78%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 10.21% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Red Wings have a total of 42 points on the season. They have 17 power play goals on 144 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 12%. They have allowed 130 power play opportunities and have given up 23 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Canadiens have a total of 111 goals scored while they've given up 127 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.81%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Montreal has a Corsi percentage of 51% as they've attempted 2,566 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,465 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 51.2% as they have 1,876 attempts while they've given up 1,790 shots on the defensive end. The Canadiens start possessions in the offensive zone 49.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.1% for the season. They have 1,374 face off wins compared to 1,370 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.1%. On defense Montreal has 933 hits and they've blocked 675 shots from the opposition.
Detroit has attempted 2,284 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,412 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 48.6% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 48.3% as they have 1,723 shots while they've given up 1,844 attempts on defense. The Red Wings have an offensive zone percentage of 51.3% and their defensive zone percentage is 48.7% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 53.4% as they've compiled 1,373 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,198 face off losses. On defense Detroit has blocked 568 shot attempts and they have 862 hits as a unit.
Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
The Montreal Canadiens are 26-17 straight up
The Montreal Canadiens are 20-16-8 against the over/under
Detroit Red Wings Betting Trends
The Detroit Red Wings are 13-25 straight up
The Detroit Red Wings are 20-17-6 against the over/under
Montreal Canadiens Injuries
12/10/16 D Greg Pateryn Ankle expected to miss 8 weeks
12/07/16 C David Desharnais Knee expected to miss 6-8 weeks
01/14/17 D Andrei Markov Groin "?" Monday vs Detroit
01/04/17 RW Brendan Gallagher Hand expected to miss 8 weeks
Detroit Red Wings Injuries
11/16/16 C Darren Helm Shoulder expected to miss 6-8 weeks
10/27/16 C Joe Vitale Concussion out indefinitely
10/15/15 C Johan Franzen Concussion out indefinitely
01/10/17 D Brendan Smith Knee expected to miss 2-3 weeks
01/10/17 D Niklas Kronwall Lower Body expected to miss 2-3 weeks
01/03/17 GO Jimmy Howard Knee expected to miss another month
Tony's Pick: Take Detroit +122
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.