Tuesday, April 18, 2017
Madison Square Garden
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Montreal Canadiens travel to Madison Square Garden to play the New York Rangers on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 in Game 4. Montreal leads the series 2-1. The opening line for this game has the Canadiens at -105 and the Rangers at -115.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Montreal had a regular season record of 47-26-9 and on the road they had a record of 23-14-4. They finished 1st in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 226 goals and given up 200 goals for a point differential of +26. The Canadiens have an overall record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 44-35 and an over/under record of 29-38-15. New York finished with a record of 48-28-6 including 21-16-4 at home this season. They were 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 256 goals and surrendered 220 for a goal differential of +36. The Rangers have a record of 3-4-3 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 44-34 while their over/under record sits at 40-35-7.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Valuable Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
The Montreal Canadiens are 44-35 straight up
The Montreal Canadiens are 29-38-15 against the over/under
Important New York Rangers Betting Trends
The New York Rangers are 44-34 straight up
The New York Rangers are 40-35-7 against the over/under
Key Montreal Canadiens Injuries
04/16/17 D Alexei Emelin Lower Body "?" Tuesday vs. NY Rangers
Key New York Rangers Injuries
No key injuries to report
Alexander Radulov has accumulated 54 total points this season for the Canadiens. He has 18 goals this season with 147 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 36 assists on the season and averages 18.3 minutes played per game. Max Pacioretty has averaged 19.2 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 35 goals on 268 shots. He has 32 assists giving him a total of 67 points on the season. Carey Price has 37 wins and 20 losses this season in net for the Canadiens. He has had 1,794 shots against him and has given up 138 goals. He has made 1,656 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
J.T. Miller has accumulated 56 total points this season for the Rangers. He has 22 goals this season with 132 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 17%. He has a total of 34 assists on the season and averages 16.4 minutes played per game. Mats Zuccarello has averaged 18.8 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 15 goals on 189 shots. He has 44 assists giving him a total of 59 points on the season. Henrik Lundqvist has 31 wins and 20 losses this season in net for the Rangers. He has had 1,650 shots against him and has given up 148 goals. He has made 1,502 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Canadiens have 103 total points this season. They have scored 226 goals while giving up 200 goals. They have had 230 power play opportunities and have scored 45 goals on those chances for a percentage of 20%. The Canadiens have allowed 249 power play opportunities and given up 47 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.19% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Rangers have a total of 102 points on the season. They have 47 power play goals on 232 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 224 power play opportunities and have given up 45 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Canadiens have a total of 256 goals scored while they've given up 220 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.50%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Montreal has a Corsi percentage of 51.3% as they've attempted 4,721 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,484 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 51.3% as they have 3,448 attempts while they've given up 3,271 shots on the defensive end. The Canadiens start possessions in the offensive zone 48.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.3% for the season. They have 2,516 face off wins compared to 2,483 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.3%. On defense Montreal has 1,864 hits and they've blocked 1,213 shots from the opposition.
New York has attempted 4,512 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,684 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 49.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50% as they have 3,438 shots while they've given up 3,440 attempts on defense. The Rangers have an offensive zone percentage of 50.4% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.6% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48.4% as they've compiled 2,353 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,511 face off losses. On defense New York has blocked 1,244 shot attempts and they have 1,715 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Canadiens/Rangers NHL game against the spread? Tony's Pick: Take New York -115 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Tony's Pick: Take New York -115
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.