Nashville Predators at Boston Bruins NHL Picks & Predictions 10/5/2017
Thursday, October 5, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Nashville Predators travel to TD Garden to play the Boston Bruins on Thursday, October 5, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Predators at +180 and the Bruins at +135.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Nashville had a record of 41-29-12 last season and on the road they had a record of 17-20-4. They finished 4th in the Central Division. They scored 240 goals and gave up 224 goals for a point differential of +16. For the season they had an ATS record of 55-49-0 and an over/under record of 47-45-0. Boston finished with a record of 44-31-7 including 23-17-1 at home last season. They were 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They scored 234 goals and surrendered 212 for a goal differential of +22. Their record against the spread was 46-42-0 while their over/under record was 40-40-0.
Valuable Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators were 55-49-0 straight up last year
The Nashville Predators were 47-45-0 against the over/under last season
Important Boston Bruins Betting Trends
The Boston Bruins were 46-42-0 straight up last year
The Boston Bruins were 40-40-0 against the over/under last season
Key Nashville Predators Injuries
10/02/17 D Ryan Ellis Knee out indefinitely
Key Boston Bruins Injuries
10/02/17 D Torey Krug Jaw doubtful Thursday vs. Nashville
Filip Forsberg accumulated 58 total points last season for the Predators. He had 31 goals last year with 233 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He had a total of 27 assists on the season and averaged 18.5 minutes played per game. Roman Josi averaged 25.1 minutes of ice time per game last year. In that time he had a shooting percentage of 6% by scoring 12 goals on 217 shots. He had 37 assists giving him a total of 49 points on the season. Pekka Rinne had 31 wins and 19 losses last season in net for the Predators. He had 1,757 shots against him and he gave up 144 goals. He made 1,613 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
David Pastrnak scored 70 total points last year for the Bruins. He had 34 goals last season with 261 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He had a total of 36 assists on the season and averaged 18 minutes played per game. Brad Marchand averaged 19.4 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he had a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 39 goals on 226 shots. He had 46 assists giving him a total of 85 points on the season. Tuukka Rask had 37 wins and 20 losses last year in goal for the Bruins. He had 1,610 shots against him and he surrendered 137 goals. He made 1,473 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Predators had 94 total points last season, which ranked them 16th in the NHL. They were 11th in the league in goals scored with 240 while they gave up 224 goals, ranking them 16th overall. They had 259 power play opportunities and scored 49 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. That was 16th in the NHL. The Predators allowed 241 power play opportunities and gave up 46 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%, putting them 15th in the league when short-handed. They averaged 31 shots per game and as a team shot 9.39% for the season. They allowed 30 shots to their opposition per contest and had a team save percentage of 91%. That put them 15th in the league in stopping the puck.
Useful Team Statistics
The Bruins were 13th in the NHL with a total of 95 points last year. They had 53 power play goals on 244 opportunities for a percentage of 22%. That ranked them 7th in the league as a power play unit. They allowed 266 power play opportunities and gave up 38 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 86%. That was 1st in the NHL. As a team, the Bruins were 13th in the league with 234 goals scored while they gave up 212 goals, which was 22nd overall. They averaged 33 shots per contest and had a team shooting percentage of 8.60%. As a team they gave up 27 shots per game and had a save percentage of 91%. That was 23rd in the NHL.
The Predators were 14th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 50.7% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage was at 49.3% for the season, which was 17th in the NHL. They had 2,599 face-off wins compared to 2,453 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage was 51.4%. That was 9th in the league. On defense Nashville had 1,660 hits and they blocked 1,110 shots from the opposition, which was 20th in the league. Nashville was 7th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 51.1% as they attempted 4,776 shots on net at full strength while they gave up 4,570 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 50.6% ranked 11th as they had 3,545 attempts while they gave up 3,460 shots on the defensive end.
The Bruins were 4th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 53.2% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage was at 46.8% for the season, which was 23rd in the NHL. They had 2,681 face-off wins compared to 2,358 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage was 53.2%. That was 3rd in the league. On defense Boston had 1,775 hits and they blocked 1,093 shots from the opposition, which was 22nd in the league. Boston was 2nd in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 54.3% as they attempted 4,975 shots on net at full strength while they gave up 4,187 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 55.1% ranked 1st as they had 3,792 attempts while they gave up 3,094 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Predators/Bruins NHL game against the spread? Tony's Pick: Take Boston +135 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Tony's Pick: Take Boston +135
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.