Friday, January 6, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Nashville Predators travel to BB&T Center to play the Florida Panthers on Friday, January 6, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Predators at +104 and the Panthers at -115. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Nashville comes into this matchup having played 37 games. They have an overall record of 16-14-7 and on the road they have a record of 6-9-2. Currently they are 6th in the Central Division. They've scored 103 goals and given up 102 goals for a point differential of +1. The Predators have an overall record of 4-3-3 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 15-21 and an over/under record of 17-16-4. Florida shows up with a record of 16-15-8 including 9-7-3 at home this season. They are 6th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 93 goals and surrendered 108 for a goal differential of -15. The Panthers have a record of 3-3-4 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 13-23 while their over/under record sits at 16-17-6.
Ryan Johansen has accumulated 27 total points this season for the Predators. He has 7 goals this season with 84 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 20 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Viktor Arvidsson has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 10 goals on 119 shots. He has 14 assists giving him a total of 24 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 13 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 854 shots against him and has given up 71 goals. He has made 783 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Jaromir Jagr has accumulated 24 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 7 goals this season with 93 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 17 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Aleksander Barkov has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 9 goals on 88 shots. He has 18 assists giving him a total of 27 points on the season. Roberto Luongo has 11 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has had 798 shots against him and has given up 65 goals. He has made 733 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Predators have 39 total points this season. They have scored 103 goals while giving up 102 goals. They have had 125 power play opportunities and have scored 25 goals on those chances for a percentage of 20%. The Predators have allowed 115 power play opportunities and given up 21 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 32 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.74% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Panthers have a total of 40 points on the season. They have 21 power play goals on 134 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 16%. They have allowed 121 power play opportunities and have given up 19 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Predators have a total of 93 goals scored while they've given up 108 goals to this point. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.42%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Nashville has a Corsi percentage of 52.2% as they've attempted 2,238 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,051 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 51.3% as they have 1,648 attempts while they've given up 1,563 shots on the defensive end. The Predators start possessions in the offensive zone 51.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48.1% for the season. They have 1,091 face off wins compared to 1,137 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49%. On defense Nashville has 760 hits and they've blocked 488 shots from the opposition.
Florida has attempted 2,296 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,045 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 52.9% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 52.3% as they have 1,756 shots while they've given up 1,603 attempts on defense. The Panthers have an offensive zone percentage of 53.4% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.6% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48.3% as they've compiled 1,160 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,243 face off losses. On defense Florida has blocked 442 shot attempts and they have 823 hits as a unit.
Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 15-21 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 17-16-4 against the over/under
Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 13-23 straight up
The Florida Panthers are 16-17-6 against the over/under
Nashville Predators Injuries
12/28/16 D P.K. Subban Upper Body out indefinitely
11/30/16 D Anthony Bitetto Hand out 6 weeks
11/26/16 D Matt Carle None has retired
10/17/16 RW Miikka Salomaki Upper Body expected to miss 6-8 weeks
Florida Panthers Injuries
12/30/16 C Aleksander Barkov Lower Body expected to miss 2-3 weeks
11/21/16 D Alex Petrovic Lower Body out indefinitely
10/10/16 LW Jonathan Huberdeau Achilles expected to miss 3-4 months
01/04/17 C Colton Sceviour Shoulder "?" Friday vs Nashville
Guy's Pick: Take Florida -115
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.