Saturday, April 8, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Nashville Predators travel to MTS Centre to play the Winnipeg Jets on Saturday, April 8, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Predators at -115 and the Jets at -105.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Nashville comes into this matchup having played 81 games. They have an overall record of 41-28-12 and on the road they have a record of 17-19-4. Currently they are 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 239 goals and given up 222 goals for a point differential of +17. The Predators have an overall record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 39-40 and an over/under record of 41-34-6. Winnipeg shows up with a record of 39-35-7 including 21-18-1 at home this season. They are 5th in the Central Division. They've scored 247 goals and surrendered 255 for a goal differential of -8. The Jets have a record of 8-2-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 36-42 while their over/under record sits at 43-32-6.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Valuable Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 39-40 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 41-34-6 against the over/under
Important Winnipeg Jets Betting Trends
The Winnipeg Jets are 36-42 straight up
The Winnipeg Jets are 43-32-6 against the over/under
Key Nashville Predators Injuries
No key injuries to report
Key Winnipeg Jets Injuries
11/23/16 D Tyler Myers Lower Body out indefinitely
04/01/17 D Ben Chiarot Upper Body out indefinitely
04/01/17 D Paul Postma Lower Body out for season
03/18/17 C Shawn Matthias Shoulder out for season
03/13/17 GO Ondrej Pavelec Knee out indefinitely
03/10/17 D Toby Enstrom Knee out indefinitely
Ryan Johansen has accumulated 61 total points this season for the Predators. He has 14 goals this season with 152 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 47 assists on the season and averages 18.8 minutes played per game. Viktor Arvidsson has averaged 17.2 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 31 goals on 245 shots. He has 30 assists giving him a total of 61 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 31 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 1,721 shots against him and has given up 142 goals. He has made 1,579 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Mark Scheifele has accumulated 81 total points this season for the Jets. He has 32 goals this season with 156 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 21%. He has a total of 49 assists on the season and averages 20.6 minutes played per game. Blake Wheeler has averaged 20.1 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 25 goals on 256 shots. He has 48 assists giving him a total of 73 points on the season. Connor Hellebuyck has 25 wins and 19 losses this season in net for the Jets. He has had 1,538 shots against him and has given up 145 goals. He has made 1,393 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Predators have 94 total points this season. They have scored 239 goals while giving up 222 goals. They have had 253 power play opportunities and have scored 49 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Predators have allowed 239 power play opportunities and given up 46 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.47% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Jets have a total of 85 points on the season. They have 48 power play goals on 262 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 269 power play opportunities and have given up 62 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 77%. As a team, the Predators have a total of 247 goals scored while they've given up 255 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.24%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Nashville has a Corsi percentage of 51% as they've attempted 4,711 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,518 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.6% as they have 3,499 attempts while they've given up 3,415 shots on the defensive end. The Predators start possessions in the offensive zone 50.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.5% for the season. They have 2,568 face off wins compared to 2,416 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.5%. On defense Nashville has 1,656 hits and they've blocked 1,103 shots from the opposition.
Winnipeg has attempted 4,379 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,553 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 49% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 49.4% as they have 3,315 shots while they've given up 3,395 attempts on defense. The Jets have an offensive zone percentage of 50.2% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.8% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48.4% as they've compiled 2,327 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,478 face off losses. On defense Winnipeg has blocked 1,158 shot attempts and they have 1,892 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Predators/Jets NHL game against the spread? Tony's Pick: Take Nashville -115 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Tony's Pick: Take Nashville -115
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.