New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks NHL Picks & Predictions 11/1/2017
Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The New Jersey Devils head to Rogers Arena to take on the Vancouver Canucks on Wednesday, November 1, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Devils at +111 and the Canucks at -122.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New Jersey has a record of 8-2-0 this year and away from home they have a record of 4-0-0. They are 1st in the Metropolitan Division. They have tallied 40 goals and surrendered 31 goals for a point differential of +9. For the year they have an ATS mark of 8-2-0 and an over/under record of 7-3-0. Vancouver has a record of 6-3-2 including 2-2-2 on home ice this year. They are 3rd in the Pacific Division. They've scored 31 goals and have given up 27 for a goal differential of +4. Their record against the spread is 6-5-0 while their over/under mark is 5-6-0.
Valuable New Jersey Devils Betting Trends
The New Jersey Devils are 8-2-0 straight up this year
The New Jersey Devils are 7-3-0 against the over/under this season
Important Vancouver Canucks Betting Trends
The Vancouver Canucks are 6-5-0 straight up this year
The Vancouver Canucks are 5-6-0 against the over/under this season
Key New Jersey Devils Injuries
10/30/17 RW Kyle Palmieri Lower Body is out indefinitely
10/28/17 D Andy Greene Personal is "?" Wednesday vs. Vancouver
10/28/17 LW Marcus Johansson Lower Body is "?" Wednesday vs. Vancouver
Key Vancouver Canucks Injuries
10/30/17 RW Brock Boeser Foot is "?" Wednesday vs. New Jersey
10/23/17 D Troy Stecher Lower Body IR (10/23)
10/17/17 LW Loui Eriksson Knee IR (10/17)
10/15/17 C Cole Cassels Arm IR (10/03)
10/14/17 D Alexander Edler MCL IR (10/12)
10/07/17 F Brendan Gaunce Shoulder IR (10/03)
Jesper Bratt has scored 10 total points this year for the Devils. He has 4 goals this season with 10 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 40%. He has a total of 6 assists on the year and averages 15.5 minutes played per contest. Nico Hischier averages 16.2 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by tallying 2 goals on 18 attempts. He has 5 assists, giving him a total of 7 points on the year. Cory Schneider has 5 wins and 1 loss this season in goal for the Devils. He has 242 shots against him and he's surrendered 22 goals. He's made 220 stops for a save percentage of 91%.
Thomas Vanek has 6 total points this season for the Canucks. He has 4 goals this year with 21 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 19%. He has a total of 2 assists on the year and averages 13.5 minutes played per contest. Brock Boeser averages 15.4 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 2 goals on 23 attempts. He has 7 assists, giving him a total of 9 points on the year. Jacob Markstrom has 3 wins and 2 losses this season in net for the Canucks. He has 213 shots against him and he's given up 19 goals. He's made 194 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Devils have 16 total points this year, which is 5th in the NHL. They've scored 40 goals while giving up 31 scores, which has them ranked 9th and 22nd respectively. They have had 40 power play chances and scored 11 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 28%. That is 5th in the league. The Devils have given up 49 power play opportunities and surrendered 10 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%, ranking them 19th when short-handed. They average 30 shots per contest and as a team shoot 13.29% for the year. They allow 34 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 91%, which is 15th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Canucks are 12th in the league with a total of 14 points this season. They have 8 power play goals on 50 chances for a percentage of 16%. That is 21st in the NHL. They've given up 43 power play opportunities and surrendered 7 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%, ranking 8th overall. As a team, the Canucks are 21st with a total of 31 goals scored while they've given up 27 goals this season, ranking 29th in goals against. They average 31 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 9.12%. As a unit they give up 29 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 92%, putting them 6th overall in the NHL.
New Jersey has a Corsi percentage of 46.9% as they've tried 532 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 603 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 27th in Corsi percentage. They are 24th in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 47.9% as they have 430 shots while they've given up 467 attempts on defense. The Devils start possessions in the offensive zone 43.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 56.2% for the year. That puts them 30th and 2nd in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 301 face-off wins as opposed to 349 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 46.3%. That is 30th overall in the NHL. On defense New Jersey has 218 hits and they've blocked 136 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 28th in the league.
The Canucks are 14th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 51.5% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 48.5% for the season, which is 19th in the NHL. They have 364 face-off wins compared to 324 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 52.9%. That is 6th in the league. On defense Vancouver has 171 hits and they have blocked 125 shots from the opposition, which is 31st in the league. Vancouver is 17th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 50.4% as they've attempted 585 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 575 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 50.2% ranks 16th as they have 453 attempts while they have given up 450 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Devils/Canucks NHL game against the spread? Guy's Pick: Take New Jersey +111 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Guy's Pick: Take New Jersey +111
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.