New York Rangers at Florida Panthers NHL Picks & Predictions 11/4/2017
Saturday, November 4, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The New York Rangers head to BB&T Center to take on the Florida Panthers on Saturday, November 4, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Rangers at +104 and the Panthers at -115.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New York has a record of 5-7-2 this year and away from home they have a record of 1-3-0. They are 7th in the Metropolitan Division. They have tallied 42 goals and surrendered 48 goals for a point differential of -6. For the year they have an ATS mark of 5-9-0 and an over/under record of 8-6-0. Florida has a record of 4-7-1 including 3-3-1 on home ice this year. They are 7th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 43 goals and have given up 51 for a goal differential of -8. Their record against the spread is 4-8-0 while their over/under mark is 10-2-0.
Valuable New York Rangers Betting Trends
The New York Rangers are 5-9-0 straight up this year
The New York Rangers are 8-6-0 against the over/under this season
Important Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 4-8-0 straight up this year
The Florida Panthers are 10-2-0 against the over/under this season
Key New York Rangers Injuries
No key injuries to report
Key Florida Panthers Injuries
11/03/17 RW Colton Sceviour Upper Body is "?" Saturday vs. NY Rangers
11/03/17 LW Connor Brickley Upper Body is "?" Saturday vs. NY Rangers
10/27/17 C Jared McCann Lower Body is out indefinitely
10/23/17 GO Roberto Luongo Hand is out indefinitely
Kevin Shattenkirk has scored 11 total points this year for the Rangers. He has 2 goals this season with 27 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 9 assists on the year and averages 21.6 minutes played per contest. Mats Zuccarello averages 19.4 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by tallying 3 goals on 22 attempts. He has 7 assists, giving him a total of 10 points on the year. Henrik Lundqvist has 4 wins and 4 losses this season in goal for the Rangers. He has 322 shots against him and he's surrendered 31 goals. He's made 291 stops for a save percentage of 90%.
Evgeni Dadonov has 14 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 6 goals this year with 31 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 19%. He has a total of 8 assists on the year and averages 19.3 minutes played per contest. Nick Bjugstad averages 14 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 7% by scoring 2 goals on 29 attempts. He has 5 assists, giving him a total of 7 points on the year. James Reimer has 3 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has 264 shots against him and he's given up 29 goals. He's made 235 saves for a save percentage of 89%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Rangers have 12 total points this year, which is 25th in the NHL. They've scored 42 goals while giving up 48 scores, which has them ranked 11th and 7th respectively. They have had 54 power play chances and scored 11 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 20%. That is 10th in the league. The Rangers have given up 50 power play opportunities and surrendered 10 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%, ranking them 20th when short-handed. They average 32 shots per contest and as a team shoot 9.29% for the year. They allow 31 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 89%, which is 25th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Panthers are 28th in the league with a total of 9 points this season. They have 8 power play goals on 47 chances for a percentage of 17%. That is 18th in the NHL. They've given up 48 power play opportunities and surrendered 14 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 71%, ranking 29th overall. As a team, the Panthers are 8th with a total of 43 goals scored while they've given up 51 goals this season, ranking 3rd in goals against. They average 35 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 10.36%. As a unit they give up 37 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 89%, putting them 29th overall in the NHL.
New York is 11th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 50.8%, as they've attempted 812 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 788 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 50.5% as they have 616 attempts while they have given up 604 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 9th in the league. The Rangers start possessions in the offensive zone 54.4% of the time, which is 6th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 45.6% for the season. That is 25th overall in the NHL. They have 444 face-off wins compared to 407 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 52.2%. That ranks them 9th in the league. On defense New York has 314 hits and they have blocked 184 shots from the opposition, putting them 15th overall.
The Panthers start possessions in the offensive zone 45% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 55% for the year. That ranks them 29th and 4th respectively in the NHL. They have 426 face-off wins as opposed to 386 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 52.5%. That is 1st in the league. On defense Florida has 227 hits and they've blocked 172 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 22nd in blocked shots. Florida is ranked 24th in Corsi percentage with 48% as they've tried 696 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 754 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 20th in the NHL at 48.6%, as they have 550 shots while they've given up 582 attempts on defense.
Who will win tonight's Rangers/Panthers NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take New York +104 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take New York +104
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.