Saturday, April 29, 2017
Canadian Tire Centre
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The New York Rangers travel to Canadian Tire Centre to play the Ottawa Senators on Saturday, April 29, 2017. Ottawa leads the series 1-0. The opening line for this game has the Rangers at -105 and the Senators at -105.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New York had a regular season record of 48-28-6 and on the road they had a record of 27-12-2. They finished 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 256 goals and given up 220 goals for a point differential of +36. For the season they have an ATS record of 44-34 and an over/under record of 40-35-7. Ottawa finished with a record of 44-28-10 including 22-11-8 at home this season. They were 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 212 goals and surrendered 214 for a goal differential of -2. Their record against the spread is 38-37 while their over/under record sits at 32-47-3.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Valuable New York Rangers Betting Trends
The New York Rangers are 44-34 straight up
The New York Rangers are 40-35-7 against the over/under
Important Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 38-37 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 32-47-3 against the over/under
Key New York Rangers Injuries
No key injuries to report
Key Ottawa Senators Injuries
04/27/17 D Mark Borowiecki Lower Body "?" Saturday vs. NY Rangers
04/27/17 LW Tom Pyatt Head "?" Saturday vs. NY Rangers
Mats Zuccarello has accumulated 59 total points this season for the Rangers. He has 15 goals this season with 189 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 44 assists on the season and averages 18.8 minutes played per game. J.T. Miller has averaged 16.4 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 22 goals on 132 shots. He has 34 assists giving him a total of 56 points on the season. Henrik Lundqvist has 31 wins and 20 losses this season in net for the Rangers. He has had 1,650 shots against him and has given up 148 goals. He has made 1,502 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Kyle Turris has accumulated 55 total points this season for the Senators. He has 27 goals this season with 185 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 28 assists on the season and averages 19.5 minutes played per game. Erik Karlsson has averaged 26.8 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 17 goals on 218 shots. He has 54 assists giving him a total of 71 points on the season. Mike Condon has 19 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 1,122 shots against him and has given up 96 goals. He has made 1,026 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Rangers have 102 total points this season. They have scored 256 goals while giving up 220 goals. They have had 232 power play opportunities and have scored 47 goals on those chances for a percentage of 20%. The Rangers have allowed 224 power play opportunities and given up 45 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 10.50% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Senators have a total of 98 points on the season. They have 43 power play goals on 254 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 247 power play opportunities and have given up 50 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Rangers have a total of 212 goals scored while they've given up 214 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.61%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
New York has a Corsi percentage of 49.1% as they've attempted 4,512 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,684 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50% as they have 3,438 attempts while they've given up 3,440 shots on the defensive end. The Rangers start possessions in the offensive zone 50.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.6% for the season. They have 2,353 face off wins compared to 2,511 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48.4%. On defense New York has 1,715 hits and they've blocked 1,244 shots from the opposition.
Ottawa has attempted 4,550 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,863 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 48.3% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 49% as they have 3,380 shots while they've given up 3,511 attempts on defense. The Senators have an offensive zone percentage of 52.2% and their defensive zone percentage is 47.8% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 51% as they've compiled 2,549 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,452 face off losses. On defense Ottawa has blocked 1,352 shot attempts and they have 2,114 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Rangers/Senators NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Ottawa -105 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take Ottawa -105
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.